Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Hand Tapping... advise

Options
  • 21-11-2004 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hello all, how are you all :D

im going to do a hand Tapped tattoo on my right calf
    i want to do it the Traditional Japanese way with Black soot-oil
    mix for ink and the needle to be fashoned to a bamboo..
    the design is only small about the size of 2 euro coins side by side..
    i have tattooed myself before with a normal tattoo machine, but i want to do this one hand tapped....

my question is, has anyone else here done this before... cos i want any advise you can offer before starting it.. and what precautions should be taken? before during and after the Tattoo..

Thanks all

Macker ;)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

are you going to do it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/borneo.htm

There is a bit of stuff there but chances are nothing technical like you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Not sure how to do it but when I was in Thailand I seen a bamboo tattoo place and the the tattoo's turned out decent enough, I wouldnt go for any complicated design really.

Out of interest, Why make things hard?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/haida_tattoo_kit6.htm
    how you going to make one of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Phone 1800 - MCGyver

I hear he can make then from blue tack and match sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I think it's a cool idea to get one of the traditional handtapped tattoos done, apparently the name tattoo comes from the tapping sound as it sounds in Polynesian.
    I saw them getting the Iban headhunter tattoos on the vanishing tattoo and it is really cool, even if it does look a little rough, the Japanese style is cool too, amazing how they get those highly intricate designs with the hand tap.

Advertisement