Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink and purple polka dotted ping pong balls.

• 21-11-2004 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

There was once a boy, who was born into a very rich family. His parents sometimes gave him anything he wanted. Well, the boy finally graduated from preschool. So far, he had already mastered his ABC’s and could count to one hundred perfectly. He could even spell fairly well, and his reading was going great. His father was very proud.

'Son,’ said the father. ‘I’m so proud of you. You’ve got a great start on life and I know you’ll be great one day. As a reward, I’ll buy you anything you want. You name it; I’ll buy it for you. What do you want?’

‘Well Dad, I saw these two pink and purple polka dotted ping-pong balls that I kind of want.” Suggested the little boy. His father shook his head.

‘Son, you’ll learn later that there are things you want, and things are a waste of money. This is one of those things. Pick something else.’ Said the dad. So the boy did”

Then the son graduated from elementary school. He was top of his class every year and was the star of all of the sports teams that were there. His future was looking bright.

‘Son, I’m so proud of you. You’re doing so perfect in life already. I want to make you happy so I’ll buy you anything you want. You name it; I’ll buy it for you. What is it?’

‘Well Dad, I still kind of want those two pink and purple polka-dotted ping-pong balls.’ Answered the son. The dad rolled his eyes.

‘Son, you don’t want those. It’s stupid. Pick something else.’ Insisted the father. So he did.

Then the son was out of high school. He was valedictorian and the start of football, basketball, baseball, and the other teams. He was dating the most beautiful girl in the school and he had been accepted to the top college.”

Now the son was graduating from college. Once again, he was at the top in everything. He was active in the community and was still doing sports. He was even still dating his high school sweetheart. His father was so proud.

‘Son, I’m so proud of you. Your life is at your fingertips. No one can stop you now. I want to buy you any thing you want. You name it. I’ll buy it for you. What do you want?’ asked the father.

‘Well dad, I still have my eye on those two pink and purple polka-dotted ping-pong balls. I really want them.’

The dad sighed. ‘Son, that’s a stupid thing to ask for. Please pick something else.’ Pleaded the dad. So he did.

Then he was getting married. It was to his high school girlfriend. She was still very pretty and was also very smart. It was a match made in heaven.

‘Son, I’m so prod of you. You and your new wife will have a great life together and I know you’ll be happy together. I want to buy you two something special. You name it. I’ll buy it for you. What do you want?’

‘Dad, we’d really be happy if we had those two pink and purple polka-dotted ping-pong balls for our marriage.’ Said the son.

‘Son, this is getting old. You know that the answer will be no. I’m begging you. Pick something else!’ So he did.

Then, he was having his very first child. The baby was just the right size and as healthy as could be. The dad was so excited to be a grandfather.

‘Son, I’m so proud of you. Your new baby will live a charmed life with its beautiful parents. I want to make you and your new family happy. So I’ll buy you anything you want. You name it. I’ll buy it. What do you want?’

‘Dad, my child and wife would be happy for me if I could just get those two pink and purple polka-dotted ping pong balls.’

‘Son, that’s pathetic. You’re willing to give up this chance for your own personal gain and not the gain of your family? Please, please pick something else!’ So he did.

Then he’s lying on his deathbed. He’s suffering from cancer and the doctors can do nothing to help him. The son was on the edge of death when his father came to visit him for the last time.

‘Son,’ he said in between tears. ‘I love you so much. You’ve had a great life. No one can ever take your place. You’re leaving behind a sweet wife and child, but it’s probably for the best. No father, though, wants to see his only son die unhappy. Let me buy you anything you want. You name it. I’ll buy it for you. What do you want?’

‘Dad, all my life, I’ve wanted those two pink and purple polka-dotted ping-pong balls. Won’t you please buy them for me now that I only have barely days to live?” begged the son. The dad sighed.

‘Son, no! That’s a waste of time. Pick something else! Why do you want them anyway?’ asked the dad.

‘Well because… because…’ And he died

Ahahahahahahahahaha!
    :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Have to say it did make me laugh :) Kudos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That's an annoying joke. I was waiting for the punchline, you bastard!

Advertisement