Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD to Mp3???

• 14-08-2000 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Hey ho,
    I be looking for a decent proggie to encode mp3 from CD.
    I tried some a while back, but the quality was pure toss*.
    What I need is the very best (and free-ish**) program/codec to encode with.

----
    * toss = sh!te or similar.
    ** free-ish = free/sharware/demo etc.

- What's this now?™ -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Thanks huns, 'tis workin' grand.

- What's this now?™ -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

maybe he's got pirate CDs smile.gif My cd-r drive came with software specifically for making exact copies of music CDs. That dosn't encourage piracy at all smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

AFAIK- it IS legal to make one backup copy of a CD (on to a CD-R or MP3 or tape or whatever) as long as its for your own personal use and isn't redistributed, etc. etc. but you still have a good point, Blitz...

Bard
    |home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger:
    maybe he's got pirate CDs smile.gif
    Er... no... I'm afraid Lucutus is correct on this one smile.gif
    I just bought a fresh new 30-gig HD and would like to fill a few gigs with one big-momma of a winamp playlist... ejecting those CD's every hour is just killing me smile.gif

- What's this now?™ -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Ahhhh, encoding your own CD music collection that you bought in an expensive high street retailer so that you can listen to it in your bedroom on your computer.

great.

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

See? I know Dead O Santa is an honest kinda guy biggrin.gif

the rest of your are illegal piraty people who I might just turn in to the music industry */me calls Metallicops*

Lucutus of Borg

I just brought back that portable MP3 player that I'd bought, - getting a full refund from Richer Sounds... the thing was slightly faulty... grr...

Bard
    |home page

Fúck you Sony...for my ****ty pice of crap that wasn't working....thank you richer sounds, for my money back.

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Audiograbber, with the Lame.DLL (I kid you not). ( [url="HTTP://WWW.Audiograbber.com-us.net"]HTTP://WWW.Audiograbber.com-us.net[/url] )

Full CDDB support, and will encode this into the ID3 tag.
    Allows you to setup the names and folders based on the CDDB/Album info.
    CRC check on extractions.
    Choice of extraction speeds.
    Allows plugins for dif codecs (LAME is the best I've tried).

Has everything you need, and the quality is excellent.

• Advertisement

well, Luc... it all works out for the best- I got the thing as part of a bonus in work, - it wasnt what I originally wanted (I originally wanted to put the bonus money toward a plane ticket, but that fell through for various reasons) - so now getting the dough back from Richer Sounds means I can make better use of it...

wasn't a bad piece of kit, to be honest, just didn't perform 'adequately' and was basically a waste of £300...

Bard
    |home page

Advertisement