Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munsters Celtic League hopes

• 21-11-2004 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Ha Ha

Revenge is sweet(Thanx to Connacht) :DOspreys 9 - Connacht 10
    This means Munster are in better condition than we could have wished for,with only a hand full of games,ospreys could get slaughtered when we are only seven behind and have a game in hand plus them at home.

Edinburgh V Munster
    Munster V Ospreys
    Ospreys V Llanelli Scarlets
    Connacht V Munster
    Cardiff Blues V Ospreys
    Ospreys V Ulster
    Llanelli V Munster
    Munster V Glasgow Rugby
    Ospreys V The Borders
    Munster V Ulster
    Ospreys V Dragons
    Ospreys V Edinburgh Rugby
    Connacht V Ospreys
    The Borders V Munster
    Munster V Edinburgh Rugby

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

Nukem wrote:
    Ha Ha

Revenge is sweet(Thanx to Connacht) :DOspreys 9 - Connacht 10

I watched this match tonight on S4C with Welsh language commentary. I am curious as to what type of presentation Setanta provide for this kind of game. Do they have studio coverage. Do they have an interviewer at the match?

The reason I ask is because I am curious as to the level of coverage that Setanta will provide for the F1 coverage of which they have the Irish rights for the next three years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Great result for Connacht. It's Ospreys first loss at home, only their 2nd loss overall, in the CL this season.

If Connacht (& Ulster) finish above the last placed Welsh & Scottish sides, Connacht will go into a playoff with an Italian team to qualify for next seasons HEC, which should keep the IRFúckups off their backs for a good while :)

daveirl wrote:
    In the short term, it would make great financial sense for the IRFU to dump professional rugby in Connacht in order to balance the books. However when things start to pick up again trying to restart the professional game there would be next to impossible.

Investing in Connacht rugby is a long term prospect. If Connacht qualify for the HEC next year, support for them could snowball. 8000 people showed for the Parker Pen semi-final last year, similar numbers would show to see Connacht play teams like Wasps and Toulouse.

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:
    I'd say there were more than a few people from outside Connacht in that protest. Naturally, main centers like Dublin, Cork & Limerick are going to have less of a problem attracting crowds to games. Rugby supporters are more dispersed in Connacht, which is a prob.
    In general I don't think there's enough promotion of the Celtic League anyway. Munster made the Heineken Cup what it is today, there's no reason why if they didn't promote it heavily there wouldn't be huge crowds for the league games too.
    Selling the broadcast rights to Setanta certainly didn't help things.

I can't decide if the CL was better off with the original single round played, which complemented the season quite well or the current setup with home and away games which does give inexperienced players more playing time but can result in games with some truly awful rugby :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Nah Dave missed the match altogether.Was workin read the reports and looked like Connacht really brought it to them.Up Connacht.

Always said that they have a great side.Think with the Cl changing to the HC qualifying and the doing away of the interpro's this will be all good for Connacht.
    Well chuffed for them.Would pay to go see them in the HC really would.

Not too worried about Edinburgh tell ya the truth.Its Munster shooting themselves in the foot im more concerned about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Connachts problem is population size, plain and simple.

"Bums on seats" is what's needed, and sadly everyone I've spoken to in the Connacht Branch has demonstrated a lack of vision to help ensure that happens.

There are a lot of supporters outside the province, like myself who can't go to many of the games.

Great win against the Ospreys though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement