Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kerry Accident

Options
  • 21-11-2004 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the RTE news footage of the wreckage of the car from the accident near Ballybunion in Kerry this morning? Did you get the impression that there was a message being conveying in their lingering shots of the wreckage? The car was an old model Impreza with 18" rims, the usual kit with bonnet scoop and the STi seats, etc. It could possibly have been a WRX, though I'd doubt it since the driver is in his twenties, another point which they seemed to place emphasis on, along with 'there was no other car involved in the accident'. The car overturned and hit a wall, judging by what I remember of the footage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I noticed this also.

They aren't running stories on road accidents to acknowledge a family's loss, or usually it is not the only/main purpose of reporting the deaths. In an accident like this I'm thinking they wanted to run with 'stupid young man kills himself (and thankfully no other) in his stupid fast car', but you still have to show some regard for the guys family, so it's done without words.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I missed this - any way of getting it online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

yup - you can get it on

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/1121/rta.html

links down at the bottom to watch it in real player.

Didn't think there was anything out thr ordionary in the reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Cheers mate... Grousome stuff... Speed speed speed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It was an STi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement