Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live...Is it worth it?

Options
  • 21-11-2004 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting Xbox Live mainly to play Pro Evo 4, is it worth it? I'm getting EsatBT broadband (39.99 a month option) Download is 512 not sure about Upload speed maybe someone else does? Would this be fast enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Cucullan wrote:
    I'm thinking of getting Xbox Live mainly to play Pro Evo 4, is it worth it? I'm getting EsatBT broadband (39.99 a month option) Download is 512 not sure about Upload speed maybe someone else does? Would this be fast enough?

Upload is probly 128, thats pretty standard. Should be plenty fast enough for Live.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

live is great. it is worth it. i played on a 512k with 128 upload and it was fine. good in fact. - just as long as those values are consistent unlike what mine are now thanks to having to connect via wireless broadband (digiweb) cos eircom are a shower of ****es.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭irldavem

live is great. it is worth it. i played on a 512k with 128 upload and it was fine. good in fact. - just as long as those values are consistent unlike what mine are now thanks to having to connect via wireless broadband (digiweb) cos eircom are a shower of ****es.

I was think about getting digiweb. When you say its not consistent, how inconsistent are you talking about with the connection?

Also, why not switch to esatBT if eircom aren't satisfactory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

how much does xbox live cost,i have a broadband connection with eircom,what other cost is involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bermenstein

kinkstr wrote:
    how much does xbox live cost,i have a broadband connection with eircom,what other cost is involved?

Live costs 60 euro for the year, but there is a special 2 month free subscription at the moment. If you dont like it after that, simply cancel your subscription. You will also need a visa card to comply. More info and how to get access code is at
    www.xbox.com

I am also with eircom for broadband, and if you have the Netopia Cayman modem, you will probably need an additional "router" modem (To access Broadband for PC and Xbox), as the xbox has an ethernet port to receive broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Xbox live is well worth it especially for Burnout 3, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Motogp..theres always plenty of games happening online and the headset which is included with ur package can be usefull for teamgames etc... only 60€ a year you cant go far wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

how do you pay for it? can u just walk into a shop and buy it and play it as soon as you get home? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

kinkstr wrote:
    how do you pay for it? can u just walk into a shop and buy it and play it as soon as you get home? :confused:

You can buy a starter kit that includes the headset and 12 month subscription. Youll have to set up an account(which youll need a credit card for) and hey presto your ready to play (provided you can actually get it to connect that is :). Its really not that difficult though expecially if you have a router, just set the xbox to auto detect settings and it should sort everything for ya. If you only have a USB modem then it takes a bit more doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Don't forget, you can use xbconnect which is free. Also there's no issues with modded xboxs on the xbconnect.

LK

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

LeperKing wrote:
    Don't forget, you can use xbconnect which is free. Also there's no issues with modded xboxs on the xbconnect.

LK
    Xbconnect is great and free for certain games but no Pro Evo, another similar to Xbconnect is Xlink Kai Evolution, also free

• Advertisement
Advertisement