Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions please

Options
  • 21-11-2004 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi folks, been reading here for a while, quite informative, first time posting, looking for a few opinions.

ive recently been playing $10+1 online SNGs. my record so far:
    played 25
    1st - 3
    2nd - 5
    3rd - 4
    Not in money - 13
    Total winnings - $365
    Net Profit - $90

basically im wondering if this is any good. am i "beating" this game or not? should i move up/down in stakes? or am i about right at the moment?

cheers, and hopefully ill get out to one of the dublin clubs in the near future, never played live!

p.s. on a lighter note - just watching yer man "the unibomber" on telly (didnt know he was irish!?) and the way he pulls the hoody up over his head so all you can see is a pair of shades coming out of the hood. this got me thinkin - are there rules to what you can wear at a table? i mean can i sit there in a balaclava if i want? or a bucket over my head?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

not too bad, i think you should maybe stay at this level till you make say another $90 then move up to $20 SNGs, and if ure prepared to lose the $180 or wotever. if u lose it go back to $10 as you know you can make money there. Else you'll be making even more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deeferdog

in my experience online (about a year) the 10 dollar tables are the hardest to make money at because of the mental play you find there. often times good players seem to sit down at those tables to 'vent'; in other words they may be playing 5-10 no limit for $1000 or so and get rid of all their bad calls on a cheap table.
    That's what i do anyway when i'm playing higher limits. it helps to keep the discipline at the main table.
    try the 20 tables for a while and see if your game clicks into place there. Try never to enter a tournament that will put more than 10-15% of your bankroll in play otherwise you'll find yourself dipping back into that credit card way too often...

best of luck.... and keep winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

25 games is quite a small sample as far as STT's go. It is not a bad record though. I have only recently started recording my results in $50 STT's.
    It reads as follows for 30 entered:

1st - 3
    2nd - 6
    3rd - 6

In money 50%
    Profit €600

Bearing in mind they take roughly an hour to play $/hr is $20. Playing 25NL on Party also gives me the same $/hr. Anybody know how to tile windows on Party as I would like to multi table these but at the mo it is a pain in the proverbials.

Further you go up the levels the deeper your bankroll needs to be to withstand short term fluctuations. For STT I would suggest 10* entry fee mininmum to start. If you have a bad run then drop down levels if you lose 5 in row until you get your bankroll back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Shortstack wrote:
    Anybody know how to tile windows on Party as I would like to multi table these but at the mo it is a pain in the proverbials.

1600x1200!

You'll need another monitor if you want more than four.

Advertisement