Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot

• 03-08-2000 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Is anyone going to there concert? i know there s hite but still no other good bands are coming to ireland any time soon

When ya want it goes away too fast times ya hate it always seem to last secretdeathsquad.clanpages.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'd go just to 'boo' them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!!

I cannot fuking wait!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

mad.gif AND THEY ARE NOT SH!TE! mad.gif

They are one of the best bands I've ever had the pleasure to listen to. Their Guitars are amazing, the bass, the lyrics, and those Drums!!! Good God, Joey has to be one of the best Drummers I've ever heard! He's as good as if not better than Jimmy Chamberlain (who, as we all know, rules)! Stick a DJ and a Samples guy in there and 2 lunatics who beat each other up and what more could you ask for? Words cannot express the emotional feelings I get when I listen to them. I can't sit still - I have to start at the very least bouncing my head up and down.

And....

My own rendition of Wait and Bleed is quite good if I do say so myself!!!

Anyway - that's why I love Slipknot and that's my opinion. If the rest of the world thinks they suck - that's the rest of the world's loss as far as I'm concerned! biggrin.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 04-08-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

SlipKnot coming to Ireland well that should get the freaks out of West Cork for a while
    tongue.gif

Argh @ Slipknot if 60 monkeys had the same instruments as SlipKnot and they would produce the same sound.

[This message has been edited by GREENHELL (edited 04-08-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Hey Dav, that version of Wait And Bleed wouldnt be Wait And Bleed The Radiator Pipes, by any chance ?

Say hello to my little friend !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ROAR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

KHARN! Slipknot are a bunch of american pants bandits tongue.gif I thought that even you would realise how they suck more than your average muppet biggrin.gif

- Munch
    - Sh33r l33tn35$, i tell you
    - Fortress.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

My Mate went to see them when they were up here(in Scotland). I'm not a fan of them meself but my m8n loved them live. Have a nice time all who are seeing them. They apparently have a really good supporting band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Teenage angst ridden tripe.

My opinion and im sticking to it.

Go listen to proper hardcore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

get your hoodies ready biggrin.gif

Amen are the supporting band - really good by all accounts.

Lads - if ye don't like Slipknot, that's cool. I do like them, I love them infact. But that's me and I never claimed to have "normal" taste wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

i notice kharn u feel strongly for them but the best drummer has to be igor cavalera from sepultura
    Amen are much better the Slipknot

p.s Cradle of filth are the best band around followed by the deftones biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by [SdS]Gandalf[SdS] (edited 18-08-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

thats weird.... i heard that concert was cancelled due to some protestin' fools.

Yossarian Lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭zeemoud

HATE TO BURST THE BUBBLE BUT SLIPKNOT AINT COMIN HERE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hurrah! Stay at home, hoodies! tongue.gif

I am truely upset by this frown.gif

I've emailed Ticketmaster to ask them why it's been cancelled, and so far I haven't heard an answer from them.

A friend of mine said that they'd played an unadvertised gig in the Temple Bar Music Theatre and because of that, people found out what they were like on stage and didn't want them as a result. I don't know how true that is, but I'd really like to know the truth.

This was gonna be the highlight of my holidays (which were to include a trip to London to see the Irish Q3 Team get trounced by everyeon wink.gif), but now I've had to cancel London for financial reasons and I no longer have Slipknot to look forward to frown.gif
    Thereofre, I've cancelled all my holidays and I'm gonna go home and get unbelievably stoned (if anyone has an ounce for sale, I'll take it). biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

dav, u really arn't meant to put this like that on this board.
    it should be on for sale

Don't be bold Dave - Slipknot's cancellation is a sensitive subject...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Advertisement