Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on best quality dog food

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

My rotty and lab eat pedro gold-17 euro a bag and they love it and look great-there poo is good and they are very healthy-i'd reccomend it...my rotty eats seroius amounts though!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Doolie

Just so everyone is aware. All of the above test their products on Animals except Burns. I'm not advertising for Burns as such, I just don't like the idea of inflicting unnecessary pain on animals for pet food.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Bond-007 wrote:
    I feed my 9 on bakers complete they love it & do nice firm poops!

that's hilarious!! (I suppose we are the fools picking them up - the poops that is)

I feed mine Burns Dry Chicken and Rice Food - with half a tin of winalot for variety - they have lovely coats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I have been feeding my Dog Nutro (the green bag for anyone who knows the stuff) for the past two weeks and have noticed a big improvement. Her cost is much more shiny and glossy with a lot less hair loss (possibly a coincidence). Her poops are much much more firmer, less smelly and less frequent and all in all her temperament has improved a lot.
    I would reccomend it. I picked up a (will check size later) bag in Atlantic Homecare for around €27.50 because I had a voucher for €7.50 so retail is €35 I think...

EDIT: Previous to changing we were feeding her pedigree puppy dry food with bakers complete mixed into it with a couple of spoons of pedigree wetfood. We still use the bakers complete as a mixer to the Nutro

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dsignr25

Annika30 wrote:
    I would recommend James Wellbeloved.

Annika:)
    I have to second the James Wellbeloved. Its the only food that my girl will eat. We tried everything from Red Mills to Royal Canine but they all gave her diarriah. After we put her on this we haven't had a problem since and she's alot healthier looking.

I found it a little harder to get than the more popular brands although - Our pet shop will only stock 7.5Kg bags of the Junior lately which cost roughly 32euro. Well worth it though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Hi folks

Thanks for the tip re Nutro - have just ordered a big bag from zooplus for the hound. He's 13 and starting to slow down and had a tumour removed (and neutered at the same time) last week so I reckon a little bit of spoiling him is in order :)

Advertisement