Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm not complaining but..

Options
  • 22-11-2004 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,896 ✭✭✭✭

.. how does someone with 167 posts get so much positive rep? I assume rep is determined by those green squares.

He must do a lot of good for people!

I'm not complaining... but just as a matter of interest, did anyone else have this much rep after so little posts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I direct you here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=199089

/*edit: cool, this was my 500th post! */

• Registered Users Posts: 43,896 ✭✭✭✭Basq

blondie83 wrote:
    I direct you here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=199089

/*edit: cool, this was my 500th post! */
    Ah right... congrats on the 500 post!

Seems a bit unfair to give rep just for posting in a thread, in my opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

nope seems good to me anyone who wants loads of rep just has to post there making the whole stupid rep system redundant

yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

basquille wrote:
    Seems a bit unfair to give rep just for posting in a thread, in my opinion...

Is that not what all Rep is given for ? ;)

I do get your point but some people view the rep system as a game and treat it so as is evident by the link others are more serious about it but either way its not really worth getting worked up over.

The Muppet wrote:
    Is that not what all Rep is given for.
    I thought rep was more for doing helping people out, sending in a funny joke, making a good point etc.
    The Muppet wrote:
    ..either way its not really worth getting worked up over..
    Not getting worked up over it - just thought it was a bizarre method of handing out rep!

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote:
    nope seems good to me anyone who wants loads of rep just has to post there making the whole stupid rep system redundant

yay :D
    Hey tuxy - changed my sig.... you like?

Thanks for that negative rep, by the way! :rolleyes:

Why not award with some positive for changing it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ya i like + rep when i can

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

basquille wrote:
    .. how does someone with 167 posts get so much positive rep? I assume rep is determined by those green squares.

He must do a lot of good for people!

I'm not complaining... but just as a matter of interest, did anyone else have this much rep after so little posts?

My thread is great. Rep should be given out for people doing good things, but it isn't, hence my idea to abuse it in much the same way it was, except more publicy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Giblet wrote:
    My thread is great. .

Its not that your thread is great.

You are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Shameless rep whores, the lot of you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Lump why did you give me negative rep for including that edit about my post count at the end of my post? I know 500 prob isn't a big deal for you, but it's another nice round number for me - and its not like I started a new thread about it or anything.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

unless the admins are just waiting for all those people to post there so they can ban them all in one fell swoop for abusing the rep system.... didnt any of you think of that?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

oh crap *runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

DeVore wrote:
    unless the admins are just waiting for all those people to post there so they can ban them all in one fell swoop for abusing the rep system.... didnt any of you think of that?

DeV.

DO IT, DO IT NOW!!!!

John

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

Just think of all the vacancies for moderators that will create.
    ;)

On the Plus side there'll be plenty of people to chat to in the Big House

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The Muppet wrote:
    Is that not what all Rep is given for ? ;)

I do get your point but some people view the rep system as a game and treat it so as is evident by the link others are more serious about it but either way its not really worth getting worked up over.

We have become very insightful lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

devore, you wouldn't do that would you? you'd miss out on lovely folks like me and smak.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I joined here and never even noticed the rep thing. I then noticed all these forum members with loads of green icons and thought to myself that they must be quality posters on here for them to get so much.

I was totally deflated when I realised the real story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

koneko wrote:
    devore, you wouldn't do that would you? you'd miss out on lovely folks like me and smak.
    Stop giving him more reasons to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ban them all tbh.

• Advertisement

We have become very insightful lately..

I wouldn.t go as far as to say we.
    . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes it was my plan all along, good work project "REP WHORE BAN!"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just disactivate the system (what everyone was calling for originally, because it was "sooo unfaaaaair") and see how many rep whores now feel the same ;)

Advertisement