Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atkins

• 22-11-2004 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Starting it tomorrow.

I've bought a book that has plenty of receipies for meals, but I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for a packed lunch?

No need to mention the tubberware container stuffed with bacon, sausage, and egg; got that lunch idea covered.

PS: I'm only looking for lunch suggestions, not a naggin about the negative and dangerous side effects of atkins diet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

chicken wings, and drumsticks, lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
    Melba toasts(just have 2 and remember to count the carb content) and pate.
    mini babybels or the individually wrapped cheeses in supermarkets.
    sliced meats, boiled eggs, celery filled with philadelphia,
    emmmm what else....
    Cook omeletes with all your fav veg and slice up for lunch next day.
    cocktail sausages and mayo.

When you're off induction you can bring nuts, strawberries and raspberries.
    Try to staff off atkins products as they can cause stalls, use for treats only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can have all the salads you want, as long as they contain the right ingredients. Have chicken caesar, but leave out the croutons, and make sure that the dressing you use contains as little carb as possible.

Get chicken the night before and slice up. Sprinkle with cajun seasoning and fry in a pan. Assemble a salad and add the chicken. If you have a microwave, you can heat the chicken back up for a warm chicken salad.

you'll find that you will get very creative after a while. Personally, I think this is a great way of eating. The way to look at Atkins, is to think of it as cutting out sugar, especially from processed foods. I lost 2 stone, and more importantly have kept it off, so I know it works.

Best of lucj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can have all the salads you want, as long as they contain the right ingredients. Have chicken caesar, but leave out the croutons, and make sure that the dressing you use contains as little carb as possible.

Get chicken the night before and slice up. Sprinkle with cajun seasoning and fry in a pan. Assemble a salad and add the chicken. If you have a microwave, you can heat the chicken back up for a warm chicken salad.

you'll find that you will get very creative after a while. Personally, I think this is a great way of eating. The way to look at Atkins, is to think of it as cutting out sugar, especially from processed foods. I lost 2 stone, and more importantly have kept it off, so I know it works.

Best of luck

Advertisement