Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need a bit of help on this one

• 22-11-2004 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

I am 22 years of age and have a major interest in rugby. Unfortunately I never gota chance to play the beatiful game. Just wondering is 22 too late to pick the game up and would it be too hard to get to an acceptable standard to bother.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Respect man!

Wanna try something new and all that.Fair does ;)
    Played rugby for 8years but had to quit due to work col......yada.....yada.....
    Would go back in a second if i had time and im 21.Quit when i was 19.
    But as soon as col is over im goin bk.
    Your never too old.Know a few people bout 24/25 starting it and there dropping GAA its so good,its a brilliant sport and you'll love it.

Where you based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

cork city centre

So i presume you wanna join either Dolphin/Sundays Well/Con/Highfield or Douglas.
    Played with Sudays Well for ages next to Dolphin there spot on.(same as Dolphin)
    Con is a bit laada i da.(if ya know what i mean but is the best equipped)
    Highfield have the best underage development sides in Cork by far.
    Douglas are really still new in terms of clubs but there is a good few people joining out there.

sweet as the proverbial nut

Anytime man. Hope all goes well.Let us know who ya join and all that.

Nukem Out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I am 22 years of age and have a major interest in rugby. Unfortunately I never gota chance to play the beatiful game. Just wondering is 22 too late to pick the game up and would it be too hard to get to an acceptable standard to bother.

The other alternative might be tag rugby - depending on how sporting you are - or want to be

More info:
    http://www.tagrugby.ie/index.t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

I dunno.Tag always seemed like it was for people that wanted to play but didnt wanna get hurt or dirty.Rugby's a contact sport thats the fun of it.

daveirl wrote:

I wanna go back now!!!! :(:(:(:(:(

I am definitely going to do something. Think I will give dolphin a call and see what the scilario is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

gone back myself for playing with my college after 4 years, best thing ever, way better than joining gyms and definately more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

Nukem wrote:
    Know a few people bout 24/25 starting it and there dropping GAA its so good,its a brilliant sport and you'll love it.

Dropping GAA beacuse Rugby is so good, they cant have been much good at the Gaelic - Hurling to just change like that. Anyway it's not exactly one way traffic, middle class dublin is the GAA's fastest growing area specifically traditional Rugby areas. Rugby is a perfectly good sport but this 'better then any other sport' stuff is nonsense. Fun to play and fun to watch, but better then our traditional sports? Well who is to say, I used to play and it's not all that the lads are making out, certainly not miles more [or less] enjoyable then other sports, all down to personal taste. Dont fancy ears like yerman johnson ;)

Advertisement