Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV2 available on FTV card in ROI box.

• 22-11-2004 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

I put in my FTv card I got, and since I got it it never had ITV2(Wrong viewing card) but I put it in tonight and behold, ITV2 is working! And it's a uk card in a Irish box.

Does this work for anyone else?

If so, something big is happening!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

I just noticed this as well.
    I was messing around with my FTV card and i taught i had discovered some kind of trick for swapping like the Big Brother interactive one as ITV 2 had come up.
    I switched the FTV card back to its original box and its FTV there as well.
    What a bonus for FTV viewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

w00t, and it's beach volleyball too !! ;)

i hope it stays, solely for letterman

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

Hope it stays for Tuesday night for Monaco v Liverpool in Champions League - only channel showing it live.
    Could have something to do with I'm a Celebrity..???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Yeh, i just got my freesatfromsky card, and ITV2 is active.

Also i was glad it didnt need to be activated.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Well it certainly looks as if a decision has been made to make ITV2 an FTV channel. Unfortunately it's still not available with an Irish card, but hopefully ITV will decide to go completely free to air in two months time.

In the meantime ...... it's ... Dayvvid ... Letttteeerrrrman !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Fantastic news...hadn't noticed this but will check when I get home. It will be brilliant for Tuesday night's C.L. footie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

..... it's ... Dayvvid ... Letttteeerrrrman !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I'll echo this. However, I assume a FTV card got in July 2003(Yellow House)
    will do the business. Not just a card got for £20 from Sky recently? Also must the card be matched to the box?

Pls advise :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

If ITV2 is to stay FTV does that imply that it is no longer a part of the Sky family pack in the UK, which considering all the discussions recently would seem to point that ITV are removing themselves from their dependency on SKY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

On the ITV2 website it still says that the only way to get it on Sky is to subscribe to UK Family Pack!

Maybe the webmaster is late in today to update the site. Hopefully he is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Interesting move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yes, it's in the clear on my FTV UK card too.

Could this be a simple oversight, based on the fact that negotiations with Sky were to be completed by Friday last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Widescreen wrote:
    I'll echo this. However, I assume a FTV card got in July 2003(Yellow House)
    will do the business. Not just a card got for £20 from Sky recently? Also must the card be matched to the box?

Pls advise :o

in the clear on my 'ebay' card......

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

in the clear on my Ex U.K. Sub card, but probably just for I'm A Celebrity....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭toonarmy

can these cards be bought easily ....? or are they the ones where you need someone in the uk etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Why the heck would they put it in the clear for I'm a celebrity???Thats the very time when they would have picked up subscribers!!! There are only two reasons why its clear--

1. By mistake!!

or

2. Because it was negotiated at the recent talks between ITV/Sky.

Nuff said.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

toonarmy wrote:
    can these cards be bought easily ....? or are they the ones where you need someone in the uk etc....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60837&item=5733107735&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

This is great news! I will be able to view Monaco vs Liverpool LIVE tomorrow evening now. TV3 and ITV1 both showing ManU ...who cares now! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Tonight's line up on ITV2:

11:30 I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here: Live
    A chance to catch up with last night's live coverage from the Australian jungle, where the household names have been facing tough daily challenges and the unwanted attentions of hostile wildlife.

21:00 Airline USA
    In Los Angeles, an elderly woman fails to get onto her flight, while her life-saving drugs have progressed through baggage handling and are en route to Baltimore. A Phoenix couple's dream comes true as they make their way home from China with their newly adopted baby, and staff refuse to allow a grandmother to travel with her oxygen canisters, provoking the understandable ire of her concerned relatives.

21:30 Harry Hill's TV Burp
    The quirky comic takes a characteristically surreal look at the week's television, subjecting the latest soap sagas, hottest celebrities and up-to-the-moment media gossip to his unique brand of scrutiny.

22:00 The Planet's Funniest Animals
    Rib-tickling selection of film, video and TV footage featuring troublesome pets and crazy wild animals.

22:30 I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here - NOW!
    Mark Durden-Smith and Tara Palmer-Tomkinson present more from the Australian wilderness. Featuring uncut footage and interviews with the celebrities.

23:30 I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here: Live
    Uninterrupted coverage from the Australian wilderness, where the household names have left the trappings of fame behind to face the rigours of tough daily challenges and the unwanted attentions of hostile wildlife.

0:00 Coronation Street
    Frankie informs Danny that she will be doing Vera's job and housework until she is better, and tells the boys they will have to make their own tea from now on. Sunita invites her parents over for dinner, but she senses Dev isn't too keen and the atmosphere soon becomes strained. Kevin lets Ian Davenport know he doesn't want to sell up, and is surprised by his response.

0:30 Coronation Street
    During the dinner with Sunita's family, Dev receives an urgent phone call about his shop in Eccles, and arrives to find it on fire. This begins a nightmare journey, to be screened in real time over the next five episodes, which has explosive consequences for everyone concerned. Kelly and Sean have a heart to heart, resulting in her trying to kiss him. Frankie returns home to find her house an absolute tip, but instead of cleaning up she goes on a boozy night out with the girls.

1:00 Coronation Street
    A devastated Dev races around Manchester as every one of his shops burns to the ground, and when it dawns on him that mad Maya is probably responsible, he desperately tries to contact Sunita to make sure she is safe. Fred and Danny suggest a poker session to keep the men of the Street entertained, while on the girls' night out, Deirdre leaves everyone speechless by revealing she has slept with both Mike and Dev.

1:30 The Late Show with David Letterman
    Talk show with offbeat humour and innovative comedy, with tv presenter Damien Fahey and quarterback Tom Brady.

2:20 I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here: Live
    Uninterrupted coverage from the Australian wilderness, where the household names have left the trappings of fame behind to face the rigours of tough daily challenges and the unwanted attentions of hostile wildlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm not well up on satellite things but I have a standard Irish Sky subscription, am I able to get ITV2?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

no...at the moment only available with english FTV card.....can be vought on ebay for feck all...do a search on boards there is a thread or 2 on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Can you put a FTV card into an Irish box so to speak and get it to work?
    Or will my Irish box only take the Irish card that I have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

Yes you can ok works fine.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I assume ITV2's reason for going FTA is due to teh fact that the contract with Sky ran out. They're both just FTV until negotiations are sorted out (2 months?) and then whatever happens then remains to be seen...

Advertisement