Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onka's Big Moka

• 01-09-2000 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Is the name of an album by a British band called Toploader. Anyone know of them? I saw them at the Counting Crows concert in the Point earlier this year, and for me anyway, they blew Adam Duritz and the self righteous whingers he calls a band away. (Hey Andy- that was just for you. smile.gif )
    I adore upbeat pop music- Semisonic are often my bus music and Toploader just perfect that airy, sunny, guitar pop sound. It is anti-Radiohead in every way, and while not as satisfying, it certainly suits a summer barbeque a little more. It is that kind of light, disposable, entertainment music, and I love it.
    So is there anyone else out there among you Slipknot fans who likes them?

http://www.challenge-ie.com/columns/excelsior

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Originally posted by Excelsior:
    a British band called Toploader

They sound like some kind of digger.Unfortunately I've never heard of them.

"Secret Smile" was by Semisonic wasn't it?Good song, reminds me of last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Been listining to the album for a couple of months now, great stuff. New singles not on it though. frown.gif

Advertisement