Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Installer problem in 2003 Enterprise edition

• 22-11-2004 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've got a MS cluster using enterprise 2003, its got 2xDL380 servers with all the bells and whistles.

Both machines have identical config both software and hardware. There is an MSA 500 storage unit attached to both machines. This is part of the cluster and is controlled by software.

The problem i'm having is that the windows installer on 1 of the boxes just won't allow anything to install. The error is:

"Error 1719: The windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows isntaller is not installed correctly. Contact your support personnel for assistance"

I've installed the latest installer etc but to no avail. Both machines have the same 3rd party software installed, but to be honest this issue occured before anything non ms was installed. We currently use the other server for non cluster aware apps.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Advertisement