Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst cover song

• 24-08-2000 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I just heard the new daphne and celeste "song". A cover of schools out for the summer omg what a load of crap it has to be the worst cover song ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

has any one heard limp bizkits cover of faith by george michael smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If you're looking for the 'worst ever cover'...

what about that cover of Oasis' "Wonderwall" by I-dont-remember-who-the-fu<k-they-were ...?

or Tom Jones cover of Little Green Bag ...?

Awful sh|te.

Bard
    |home page

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 24-08-2000).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by MiCr0:
    has any one heard limp bizkits cover of faith by george michael smile.gif

That song is what made Limp Bizkit famous! It's a fairly kickin' version of it too smile.gif
    Originally posted by Bard:
    what about that cover of Oasis' "Wonderwall" by I-dont-remember-who-the-fu<k-they-were ...?

The Mike Flowers Pops maybe?
    A silly tune to say the least - I think it belonged in an Austin Powers film smile.gif

However, the Award for Worst Cover Version in History goes to...

All Saints - Under the Bridge!

WHAT A LARGE PAIR OF TROWSERS THAT SONG IS!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

you know all those Bob Marly covers/samples
    that came out earlier this year omg where do ppl get off

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ye it has to be Limb Bizkit with George Michaels 'Faith', I hated the original as im no George Michael fan but this is even worse smile.gif

/me sulks with no slipknot concert now but why the cancellation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Fuzzbox - Bohemian Rhapsody... what a cover! gotta be one of the best.

Loadsa those noisy talentless fu(ks like limp bizkit do cover versions for teenage angst ridden wee'uns who think saying "umf,blah,grrr,roar fu(k britney" in a cacophonous rendition of the classic "Lucky" is hilarious. What can i say? I'm an old man now and don't understand this new-fangled popular music culture.

Direct all flames towards me ballix.

Haven't heard Bizkit's version of Faith so can't comment... as regards All Saints... I TOTALLY AGREE, KHARN, BOYO!!! GOOD CALL!!!

biggrin.gif

Bard
    |home page

Originally posted by Gonzo:
    /me sulks with no slipknot concert now but why the cancellation

Ticketmaster still haven't told me why the concert's been cancelled (1 week after I sent them a mail asking).

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I just heard from my friend who got his ticket refunded in HMV.. he asked the woman why was concert stoped and she said that the National Catholics Parents got it banned and that slipknot are banned for good from Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Worst cover: William Shatners Hey Mister Tambourine Man. If i wasnt laughing so hard id shudder.

Say hello to my little friend !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

Lenny Kravitz's version of American Woman is brutal.
    Oh and on the Star Trek note, anyone else ever see Leonard Nemoy singing a song on one of those funny clip shows? ,that was hilarious.

I rahter liked Lenny Kravitz's version of American Woman - different from the original, obviously, but quite good.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Anyone hear britney spears version of "I cant get no satisfaction" I nearly cried when I heared it ,I thought my friend was takeing the **** when he said she had done a cover of it on her album.
    Arnie wouldnt have looked so cool in "raw deal" if britney was singing in the back-round.

O man it's total grid-lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm afraid no one can reach the level of depravity of Rolf Harris version of "Stairway to Heaven".

I still have nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The song Space Cowboy mentions, 'The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins' is indeed one of the worst songs ever - however it isn't a cover as far as I know, and it's also so bad it's actually good smile.gif

I don't know who the band are, but there's a horrendous cover of The Sundays 'Can't Be Sure' knocking around - it seems somewhat fashionable lately to update 80's indie classics by giving them a $hitey dance beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cillian_burger_queen

i'd have to say a1 cover of a-ha take on me. the original was quite catchy, in an 80s retro sort of way. this new one just , well, boybandifies it
    and by the way, im a teenager who doesnt like either britney pap or nu-metal
    am i alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

no, you are not alone.
    its just the ppl like you probably think they're great for appreciating toploader or radiohead and arent much fun to talk to.
    i concur on the A1 thing. its the video that gets me. take on me was a real landmark video and this A1 thing once again uses crappy digital effects and a "storyline" involving ha><0r d00d5. classy!

http://www.challenge-ie.com/columns/excelsior

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Originally posted by SPACE COWBOY:
    Lenny Kravitz's version of American Woman is brutal.

Who did the origianl?

Originally posted by BossArky:
    Who did the origianl?

The old dude in the film "Cable Guy" wink.gif

Bard
    |home page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

Originally posted by BossArky:
    Who did the origianl?

The band's name is "Guess Who"

• Advertisement