Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donating Blood-where to go?

• 22-11-2004 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Ok not sure if this is in the right forum or not but here goes!

Never donated blood before so i thought its about time i did!

Anyone know where ya go around the Dublin City area?

Anyone else donate blood?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

never done it meself,
    the blood bank is upstairs over redz on westmoreland street
    the triangular building that points up to the spike from the southside of o'connell brigde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Thanks!....know where your on about i think!

If it stays quiet might pop up later on today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

www.ibts.ie, they'll be happy to help you and will send you text alerts about when and where you can bleed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

yeah donated loads of times.

in the city centre the main blood clinic is on d'olier street, same side as the irish times, just up from a tanning centre. its just a door and you go up a few flights of stairs to the clinic itself.

its really easy and i've never found it painful at all. makes you feel good to know that you could be saving someones life, plus they give you free food afterwards :)

Well i presume its just a needle and they dont bother me at all really!being honest i dunno whats stopped me before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's a clinic in the city centre.

There are also mobile blood banks which travel around to various places including workplaces. These can be pretty good as they're convenient (plus if it visits your workplaces, you get a few hours off work :) ) and you can time your donations by how often they visit, rather than trying to remember yourself how long ago you donated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

do they give u money and a cookie?

Well a few lads in here have said that it hurts and others have said it doesnt!I say theyre wimps!

Anyways, may aswell do it!

do they give u money and a cookie?

no, no money, but you get food!

Anyways, keeps ya's posted on how it goes!

Well i went up and it turns out im not eligable on two counts1Ive had a piercing in the last 6 months and the use of a non perscribed drug within the last 12 months!

Ah well what can ya do!.....at least the intention was there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i went to donate in college last year, all was fine until i had been on the bed for about 5mins. talking away to my friend on the bed next to mine, then suddenly i went all white and started to faint and the nurses whipped me off the bed and started doing stuff. it was kinda scary. but they gave me LOADS of free food and two bottles of guinness.

i have some rare blood type so they keep sending me letters ever second week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

By the way, this thread came up about 3 months ago. So it's time for me to give blood again. A surprisingly good experience. Apparantly I'm one of the rarest blood groups too, so it feels really good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The internet ate my post.

If you go in, have a snack beforehand. But then tell them you haven't eaten. They will give you free food and guinness.

After you have given blood they will do the same again. Basically a way to get a few pints.

Also check out the cute nurses, the nurse who is with you will probably call one or more over to chat to you to make the blood pump faster. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Also check out the cute nurses, the nurse who is with you will probably call one or more over to chat to you to make the blood pump faster.
    Don't be silly. It's your arm they stick the needle into. ;)

Advertisement