Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitstream port transfer whilst on broadband trial?

• 22-11-2004 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to do a bitstream transfer whilst on a free trial with Eircom?
    Basically, I'm on Eircom's free trial at the moment, but wish to sign up permanently with UTV (knowing that I will not get another free trial from UTV...). I wish to do this for several reasons, cost, cap etc.

I originally had no choice but to take the free trial from Eircom, as I needed my ISDN disconnected, and did not want to pay through the nose for the downgrade to POTS on my line (only approx. 24 euro for downgrade if doing this to get Eircom ADSL...).

Does anyone have any experience with this, or know if it's possible? - I don't want to even contact Eircom about it unless I know for sure that it's possible, fearing a disconnect and the usual downtime....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

eircom will whisk it away quick as a flash - no questions asked.

cancel your trial - the only thing is you may not get a trial with utv but you should get the changeover after the obligatory eircom delay.

Advertisement