Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB on rochestown avenue dun laoire?

• 22-11-2004 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a phone line connected (ie ive literally just rang them and they said phone line will be connected in a few days)

anyway i just got my number from em and its failed the bb test :(

a friend of mine across the road has it but it seems im failing? is the online test gospel or is there anything else i can do? should i call em once the line is working?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

hows it going mate they cant test the line till its properly installed, i got my whole house rewired right back to the pole last week and taken off the carrier line so i should pass it like my neighbours im just waiting for the automatic test which happens once a month you could ring and try get eircom to run the test for you once the line is installed
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

The online check is not immediately updated. AFAIK the checks are done fortnightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

peterk19 wrote:
    hows it going mate they cant test the line till its properly installed, i got my whole house rewired right back to the pole last week and taken off the carrier line so i should pass it like my neighbours im just waiting for the automatic test which happens once a month you could ring and try get eircom to run the test for you once the line is installed
    Pete

is that pairgain? and if so how did you get them to replace it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Yea its pairgained took a lot of nagging it the end all the phones went down off the telephone pole im on so they came out to repair it and while they where there i went out and nagged asked the eircom guys if there was anything they could do they said they will try turned out the wire used to my house was meant for indoor use only so they had to rewire the house while they were at it so all the wire to my house is brand new and they said they removed me from the pairgain system
    (you could try and ask an eircom engineer if he could do anything for you most are pretty resonable)
    Pete

Advertisement