Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie Keane's girlfriend

• 22-11-2004 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Did anyone else see that write up about her in the Sunday World yesterday? That she gets embarassed being called the Posh and Becks of Ireland etc.? Anyway, I thought it hilarious when I first found out some super-posh bird from malahide was going out with an ordinary joe from tallaght, who just happens to be earning truck loads of money through football. I mean would a girl like that EVER go near someone like Robbie if he was not seriously minted and famous??? Does Robbie not see through this?? It makes me sick that one of my heroes is being so stupid... but I suppose he has no experience of people like her and what they're really like as he's been famous since he was 16 or 17. Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah I hate when people call me the posh and becks of boards :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

She wouldn't go out with him if he wasn't a rich footballer. He wouldn't go out with her if she wasn't good looking. There's no difference. Grow up. He probably became a rich footballer specifically so girls like her would want to go out with him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Eh, how nice you would assume someone from Tallaght could never date anyone from Malahide.

But if we're gonna overlook your generalisation, who gives a fúck? She could actually be a lovely person, y'know. Who likes Robbie. Imagine that....

Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

pwd wrote:
    She wouldn't go out with him if he wasn't a rich footballer. He wouldn't go out with her if she wasn't good looking. There's no difference. Grow up. He probably became a rich footballer specifically so girls like her would want to go out with him.

Good point. It goes both ways!

And if he's stupid enough to believe she's only with him for him and not the money, he deserves her!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

nah.

its the money alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Jesjes wrote:
    She could actually be a lovely person,.

apparently not, allegedly she lost some beauty pagent earlier in the year and threw a right spoilt little strop at some journalists who wanted to photograph her and fellow contestants....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

some footballer's wives are nothing to write home about however. Look at Rio Ferdinand's, and Niall Quinn's washing powder wife.

but she washes all the clothes though.

surely that's worth a ring on the finger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

quarryman wrote:
    but she washes all the clothes though.

surely that's worth a ring on the finger?

LOL :D

well Niall Quinn is a true gent, the only footballer I know of who contributed his testimonial money to charity. I bet his wife is genuinely nice.

• Advertisement

as long as she's washing my clothes, the kids and car she can be as nice as she likes.

also, being a demon in the sack would help.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've never once heard of them reffered to as "the Posh and Becks" of Ireland.

What has she got to promote at the moment?

I never heard them called that either, but it quoted her on the front of the sunday world mag yesterday that she doesn't mind being referred to as the posh 'n' becks of ireland, or something to that effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 flamin moe

well Niall Quinn is a true gent, the only footballer I know of who contributed his testimonial money to charity. I bet his wife is genuinely nice.

gary kelly did the same thing with his testimonial. not sure if any fottballers have followed their example since.

Niall Quinn drained his wife's money through his gambling addiction. She was earning good money herself through modelling. So the connection in that case must transcend looks/wealth/power etc. Good for them. It does sometimes. I was going out with the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen while I was flat broke and working on bin trucks.
    Sadly it was the problems caused by not having money or power that caused her to leave. Her good looks were also not what made me love her. To be honest I would have preferred it if she wasn't quite so ludicrously good-looking, since every ****er wanted her and resented me, and that could be quite tiring.
    Hmmm...please excuse my "personal issues" style ramble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I never heard them called that either, but it quoted her on the front of the sunday world mag yesterday that she doesn't mind being referred to as the posh 'n' becks of ireland, or something to that effect

Are you sure that she "wouldn't mind" being referred to as the posh 'n' Becks of Ireland.
    I mean she has coined it in the interests of becoming known as such? ......No?

well it wasn't really a looks thing I'm talking about. It's a class thing. She's from a rich family that live in a huge house in an affluent part of dublin. Robbie and that idiot barely speak the same language. Girls from backgrounds like that do NOT go out with blokes from dodgy parts of tallaght. It just doesn't happen.

What exactly does it mean to be the "New Posh and Becks" anyways? To me it means a dreadfully spoilt woman and a dreadfully self-absorbed and pussy-whipped man.

Fischerspooner:
    Yes but my point is that his reasons for being with her are just as shallow. She likes him for his money, and not for who he is. He likes her for her looks, and not for who she is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

well it wasn't really a looks thing I'm talking about. It's a class thing. She's from a rich family that live in a huge house in an affluent part of dublin. Robbie and that idiot barely speak the same language. Girls from backgrounds like that do NOT go out with blokes from dodgy parts of tallaght. It just doesn't happen.

It seems like the only person who has a problem with class is you. I watched Robbie on the Dunphy Show last year and he seemed like a very nice bloke. It's not like he looks like Phil Neville either.

What exactly is wrong with Tallaght?? I have family who live in Tallaght and I can assure you that they are very nice people as are their neighbours. Surely you can't accuse her of being a money digger if she's already loaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its the money, i should know....i dont have any.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you jealous...jealous...and bitter people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

well it wasn't really a looks thing I'm talking about. It's a class thing. She's from a rich family that live in a huge house
    No shes not. Have you seen her house? Or are you going by Sunday World style assumptions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

I don't mind being referred to as the Sligo version of Colin Farrell..... but nobody actually calls me that. Likewise, I feel that nobody calls Robbie and heis burd that either, she just wishes that they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Yeah I'm sure she'd be all over him if he worked in a chipper in jobstown

ChRoMe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Can we get a parallel thread in the Skydice forum please with some pictures :) I hear she is meant to be "fabulous"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Pld Robbie. I suppose if he had the social conscience of Drico he'd take pity on a normal everyday ugly, fat and broke girl like Glenda Gilson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

What exactly is wrong with Tallaght?? I have family who live in Tallaght and I can assure you that they are very nice people as are their neighbours.

I think this kind of response is soo funny when your sticking up for someone from a pre-designated 'bad area'. All this diamond in the rough ****e. We all know the clichés. I'm from Dundalk, i'm a terrorist, someone else is fgrom limerick they have a small arsenal stashed in their dishwasher. Fact is, stereotypes exist all over the place. Even the fact that she is from malahide already paints an equally biased picture. Ain't never gonna be no different folks, where your from says something about you whether its true or not. I doubt roobie and his gf would be together if he wasn't rich and famous. maybe he used his money to get close, to give himself a chance at proving he is a nice guy. same way she used her looks maybe to get close to prove she's not some daddy owns who gold digs. What does it matter anyways, if he got with some normal girl who couldn't hack the spotlight it wouldn't last long. Rich with the rich, poor with the poor. It makes it easier on all fronts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!!

Who Cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think this kind of response is soo funny when your sticking up for someone from a pre-designated 'bad area'. All this diamond in the rough ****e. We all know the clichés. I'm from Dundalk, i'm a terrorist, someone else is fgrom limerick they have a small arsenal stashed in their dishwasher. Fact is, stereotypes exist all over the place. Even the fact that she is from malahide already paints an equally biased picture. Ain't never gonna be no different folks, where your from says something about you whether its true or not. I doubt roobie and his gf would be together if he wasn't rich and famous. maybe he used his money to get close, to give himself a chance at proving he is a nice guy. same way she used her looks maybe to get close to prove she's not some daddy owns who gold digs. What does it matter anyways, if he got with some normal girl who couldn't hack the spotlight it wouldn't last long. Rich with the rich, poor with the poor. It makes it easier on all fronts.

Up the town!!! Its always funny the look you get from people down the south of the country when you say you are from Dundalk.. Its handy though if you are ever getting any hassle, just give the dirty look and add a slight northern accent and tell them you will knock their bollox in. Tends to always prevent something escalating..

The perception of Dundalk is improving all the time though while poor Limerick and parts of Dublin are getting a right hammering.. Shootings all over the shop Dublin and pikeys in Limerick.. Its nice to be able to say that alot of the trouble in Dundalk is caused by the northerners coming down.. Lets face it, in Newry/Belfast/Downpatick/Forkhill you see armed RUC and Army patorls at night so you ain't gonna cause much hassle while down here there is about 4 gardai on duty on a weekend night so they can run amuck without much hassle..

Back on topic, she is fit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Who really cares, Its his football that counts not his posh bird and who the hell is so sad to call them Posh and Beck's more Footballer and model(Now there's a strange combination)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Worst thread ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Worst thread ever.

agrees 100%
    go buy a gossip mag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

are missing fischer's point...he's right, she's prob stuck up her own *ss too, and just in it for the money, i mean would she go out with robbie keane if he wasnt a famous footballer? whats her talent exactly? to stand around and be pretty, she barely even does that, the posh spice comparison is dead on - talentless & someone who craves the spotlight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

eirebhoy wrote:

Mmmmmmm, she's a hottie! Good'onja Robbie! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Up the town!!! Its always funny the look you get from people down the south of the country when you say you are from Dundalk.. Its handy though if you are ever getting any hassle, just give the dirty look and add a slight northern accent and tell them you will knock their bollox in. Tends to always prevent something escalating..

If someone said that to me I would keep kicking them til they stopped moving. Who believes that kind of crap? Maybe it worked when you were 14.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

PH01 wrote:
    Mmmmmmm, she's a hottie! Good'onja Robbie! :D

Yep I agree , And now we know why Robbie is so hot in the Box .......all that practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Did anyone else see that write up about her in the Sunday World yesterday? That she gets embarassed being called the Posh and Becks of Ireland etc.? Anyway, I thought it hilarious when I first found out some super-posh bird from malahide was going out with an ordinary joe from tallaght, who just happens to be earning truck loads of money through football. I mean would a girl like that EVER go near someone like Robbie if he was not seriously minted and famous??? Does Robbie not see through this?? It makes me sick that one of my heroes is being so stupid... but I suppose he has no experience of people like her and what they're really like as he's been famous since he was 16 or 17. Opinions?

Or maybe she loves him? I mean he isn't fugly or 80 years old.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

rivers wrote:
    are missing fischer's point...he's right, she's prob stuck up her own *ss too, and just in it for the money, i mean would she go out with robbie keane if he wasnt a famous footballer? whats her talent exactly? to stand around and be pretty, she barely even does that, the posh spice comparison is dead on - talentless & someone who craves the spotlight...
    who gives a flying f*ck?

What business of yours is it? Or anybodys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

rivers wrote:
    she's prob stuck up her own *ss too

Well with that ass ... !

(sorry couldn't resist - now let this thread die pleaaassseeee)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

People you all seem to be overlooking the fact that Robbie Keane isnt in any shape or form like Beckham (apart from the football!). Hes a streetwise fella from dublin, making a mint...Hes the one with the power in the relationship and you're fooling yourself if you think miss Cluadine "nobody" whatever has very much say, she is a stunner and so what! Do you think Robbie is really spending his fortune buying her diamonds and fur coats, MY AR$E...Going from the backround he is from to millionare status would give you a respect for money that you only get from not having it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

well when she insists on putting herself in the media all the time for even the opening of a door...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Going from the backround he is from to millionare status would give you a respect for money that you only get from not having it!!!

Its the other way round btw. Its people who come from money who respect it. People who come into money squander it. Just look at some of the people who won a load in the lotto. Remember that scumbag from England who spent 300,000 pounds on jewelery??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i reckon that tallaght scumbag robbie keane went out of his way to become a really good footballer and become rich, so he could rob our malahide women!

what a w@nker!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

ehh!!! wha she works in xtra-vision as a manager.

she is hardly rediculesly (sp?) posh totty

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

i reckon that tallaght scumbag robbie keane went out of his way to become a really good footballer and become rich, so he could rob our malahide women!

what a w@nker!

LOL , Yeah , feckin southsiders think they are great ! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Linoge wrote:
    Its the other way round btw. Its people who come from money who respect it. People who come into money squander it. Just look at some of the people who won a load in the lotto. Remember that scumbag from England who spent 300,000 pounds on jewelery??

No they are just people of really low intelligence, that english scumbag actually won about 11 million and now its all gone, he bought a 2% stake in rangers!!!!! muppet.

...robbie or any footballer who has earned their money from when they were 16 goin to trials and getting paid feck all to now ould not squander it wrecklessly.
    A lotto win is just a huge injection of wealth that the persoon isnt ready for so are not edgucated on how to handle it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

so your saying that if i won the lotto id get to give her a huge injection of wealth too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

smiaras wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

apparently, george best has given up alcahol

doesnt make it true.

god, why do people want to believe that people are really unhappy and couldnt possibly be with each other?
    do you watch eastenders and read 3am girls in the Sun to get the latest gossip as well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement