Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Skateboard Documentary

Options
  • 22-11-2004 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Can anybody help me...im a filmmaker just out of college who is making a documentary on skateboarding in Ireland, which may be shown on RTE or TG4 if my proposal is accepted (which means im going to need a solid proposal) Im trying to get as much information together on skateboarding in Ireland, everything from parks (or lack of), problems with insurance for parks,popular skate locations, problems with public skating, competitions store listings,skaters,associations with other cultures(music etc.,), oppinions.
    Ive already gathered information but i need info of skaters, or people who know. Any information is useful, so please help me if you can.
    Would be much appreciated if anyone could help.I want to do something different to typical Irish boring documetaries, the documentary would help to give good exposure for Irish skateboarding, Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I doubt there will be many people on here who can help. irishtolling.com is a blading site and forum, surely there must be something similar for skateboarders.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gnarlyone

Yeah i was thinking that, just trying to get info anywhere i can. www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum is the only one i've been told of so far, it hasnt been updated in quite some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Why not drop into that skate park in Drumcondra opposite the Skylon Hotel beside Breaks Snooker Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dolan

good idea for the doc! but you really do need help! you would prob be best to get yourself a partner who is a skater or was! Im sure you know from putting yourself through college your gonna need alot of proper research! Talk to clive in skate city, the guy has been around along time, seen alot of changes! Even try raid the rte vaults, they do have footage from alot of years! Make contact with the irish skate shops and companys skate city, G1 Boarder Co, Rukos, Emerald etc!!
    And do try get a skaters perspective on things its the only way you'll do it justice!

Advertisement