Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV delays after Eircom trial

• 22-11-2004 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭

Anyone else suffered delays getting UTV Clicksilver ??

I originally had the Eircom trial & cancelled it before the end, got a cease number & decided to go with the UTV solution. Five weeks later & still no connectivity through UTV.

They tell me that the delay is with Eircom who have yet to release the line for UTV to enable the service.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem & if there's a solution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Hi Andip,

I'd be interested to hear if you've made any progress with Eircom/UTV on this. I'm going to be doing the exact same thing in January when my trial ends, so any war stories would be good...

Thanks,
    -fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'll keep ya posted.....

I switched the phone over as well & that went through very quickly - still waiting for the DSL light to flash up on my router though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Last nite my UTV broadband disconnected (honestly :eek: ) for about 15 mins,i was ont he phone to UTV tech support and as usual was waiting ont he phone when i tried to connect again and it worked,i was under the impression that Broaband users didnt have these sort of faults like dial up users?just as well im finished with UTV in a few weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

jonny68 wrote:
    i was under the impression that Broaband users didnt have these sort of faults like dial up users?

My UTV broadband has been off for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Nyum Nyum wrote:
    My UTV broadband has been off for a week.

A week oh dear poor you...
    :eek:

• Advertisement

I'm seriously beginning to wonder at the sanity of going with UTV - I'm nearly six weeks waiting for connection, without a word from UTV support or customer services.

Every time I phone, all I get is, oh its an Eircom problem - they're not releasing the line.......I DONT CARE who's problem it is - an update now & again wouldn't kill them - which part of customer services don't they understand !!!

With Eircom I was up & running in a matter of days & with a follow up support call to check everything was ok. Now this may be part of the Eircom masterplan to make UTV look bad, but with no information to their customers, UTV are doing themselves no favours....

Rant over - thank you for listening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Contact comreg and make a complaint !!! And state you are being held up and you need ADSL to work !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Why are you moving to UTV? Are you one of these folks who is going to go from free offer to free offer?

I changed from Eircom (phone only) to UTV Clicksilver and it was accomplished within the 10 days as advertised.

I have had one or two drop outs including a protracted one late one night.

BrianD wrote:
    Why are you moving to UTV? Are you one of these folks who is going to go from free offer to free offer?

Nope - most definitely not. I was on the Eircom free trial when UTV came in with the free calls package. As my folks live in the UK, combined with the feedback I was reading here, I decided that UTV phone & clicksilver would be the best overall package for me.

I have today received this email from UTV:

"Hi

The due date for you broadband to be activated on is 08/12/04.

If you have any further questions please contact us.

Regards
    Caroline Morgan
    UTV Internet"

The problem according to UTV is that Eircom are delierately slow in releasing the line to them if a customer has come off of an Eircom free trial. I received my 'cease' number from Eircom on 22nd October & forwarded it to UTV.

"From: Stephenm (via UTV Internet Support) [mailto:support@u.tv]
    Sent: 25 October 2004 15:43
    To: andrewplaster@eircom.net
    Subject: [ticket #175307] Clicksilver account number is 759253

Hi All,

The customer has forward the cease number 4910129CH, can this be passed to Eircom?

Kind Regards
    Stephen McKeeSales & Admin."

Advertisement