Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV student discount is normal id enough?

Options
  • 22-11-2004 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does a normal 3rd level student card work or do i have to sign up for their own brand card to avail of the 10% off?

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

You need both I think. They always ask me for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

how do i get one....apply instore?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

go to the counter with your normal id and they will give you a card.you dont have to fill anything out or whatever they just give you one and they sign it. But you still need both to get the discount.

Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Also you get one if you have a dublinbus travel card. Which is handy cause you need one of them technically if you want to get the cheaper student bus card things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

They were handing these out for free in UCC last year, you didn't have to show ID, you just had to sign your name and take one.

There was nothing stopping people taking as many as they wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

well if what plazzTT says is true then their card is prob just to get a HMV ad in your wallet, normal student id was fine for me last time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

You definitely need both now. You just need normal student id for Tower (where at the moment stuff is generally cheaper anyway).

Advertisement