Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you've been reading Politics lately...

Options
  • 22-11-2004 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

...you'll have no doubt seen references to a want for a "Tin Foil Hat" forum...

Now...in all seriousness...

...is there an argument to be made for a Conspiracies forum (although not as a sub-forum of Politics, I would suggset)?

Should we just recommend such people to The Cuckoo's Nest?

One one hand, I can just see it becoming the just-how-stoned-was-I-to-come-up-with-this-Conspiracy-Of-The-Week....which should just be sent to TCN anyway.

On the other hand...I'm willing to bet that there's plenty of ppl who'd love to just mouth off about what they think is really happening behind today's news.

If the mods do see fit to consider this, I'd also like to throw open the question of names. Would a self-deprecating name like "Tinfoil Hats" only attract trouble?

Oh...if this has been discussed recently, sorry for dragging it up again.

jc
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'd certainly read it. Perhaps it could be called the 'Jews Are Controlling My Braincells' forum?

Now, back to my schematics of that secret city I heard had been built under Tokyo...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'd read it too, nothing more fun than reading conspiracy sh*t and googling the "facts".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It has come up before and I know just the man to moderate it too but he didn't show a huge amount of interest when it was being discussed here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Now, back to my schematics of that secret city I heard had been built under Tokyo...

http://www.g-cans.jp/photo/index.html

g-cans.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd read it. Probably get banned off it quicksmart and all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bonkey wrote:
    ...is there an argument to be made for a Conspiracies forum (although not as a sub-forum of Politics, I would suggset)?
    :eek: You just want to round them all up into one place. Don't you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Victor wrote:
    :eek: You just want to round them all up into one place. Don't you? :D

Yup. Egg-sactly.

And then I want to convince/bribe/blackmail Ecksor so I'm mod of it.
    And then I will have compelte control, where any discussion which isn't suitable gets bumped up into Politics, and vice-versa.

Naturally, I would only abuse these powers in the most blatant manner possible, in keeping with my dastardly seekrit plan.

muhahahHAHAHAHAH.

jc

p.s. I would actually mod it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Aliens have obviously taken control of bonkey's account using advanced y-ray technology. Either that or he's only in it for the oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd certainly read it. Perhaps it could be called the 'Jews Are Controlling My Braincells' forum?
    It's "The Jew".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

PiE wrote:
    I'd read it too, nothing more fun than reading conspiracy sh*t and googling the "facts".

You know Google is run by the Freemasons, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Naturally, I would only abuse these powers in the most blatant manner possible, in keeping with my dastardly seekrit plan.

You know that you've confirmed what they've been thinking all along..or have you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

More of this sort of thing, please.

Advertisement