Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monaco v Liverpool Tuesday.

• 22-11-2004 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

After a thoroughly dismal performance on Saturday what you you think against Monaco tomorrow? I fear the worst as Benitiez plays for the away draw.

daymobrew (who is'nt a soccer board member, yet) asked me to put this up
    The Liverpool v Monaco match will be shown at 7:45 on the big screens at the Outback Bar (873-1544/872-4325) on Parnell Street, Dublin, at UGC Cinema complex. They serve food too.

I watched a Liverpool match on Channel 5 there last year. It was on a small screen with little sound but it was better than not seeing it.
    Some people are wary of Parnell Street but the cinemas makes it safer.

Damien.

On that subject according to the listings TV3 are showing Man Utd as are ITV.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:
    On that subject according to the listings TV3 are showing Man Utd as are ITV.

Mike.

Indeed they are TV3 were running trailers over the weekend for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Thats bloody bull****.. The same company own stakes in both channels are know that a lot of people can recieve both channels in this poxy country yet they both show the same game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

As and from today Irish digibox viewers with a UK Free to View card can receive ITV2 as well. Monaco—Liverpool live for me tomorrow night! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

I'll just have to head down to the pub to watch it then.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Monaco have won 19 Of their 23 CL matches at home. Tough one for Liverpool.

Depor are without Tristan, Sergio, Victor and most likely Andrade. Olympiakos have their strongest squad available for the first time.

I see 2 home wins here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Liverpool will take and probably play for a draw , especially with the serious lack of striking options ... i'd say it'll be aboring nil all (hope i'm wrong though)

LizardKing wrote:
    Liverpool will take and probably play for a draw , especially with the serious lack of striking options ... i'd say it'll be aboring nil all (hope i'm wrong though)
    I got that stat about Monaco winning 19 of their 23 matches on another site but I'd say out of the 4 matches they failed to win they probably would have failed to score in around 1 or 2. I doubt we'll see a 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Is the game not on Sky Sports Xtra???!! Goddang it to hell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Ardent wrote:
    Is the game not on Sky Sports Xtra???!! Goddang it to hell...

I know, it's really annoying. I'm in no humour of going to the boozer this evening :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Shamrok wrote:
    As and from today Irish digibox viewers with a UK Free to View card can receive ITV2 as well. Monaco—Liverpool live for me tomorrow night! :D
    YEHAA..nice one shamrock for the info. I'll be straight home to get the ftv card in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

FFS!!!!!!!!

First Sky and RTE insist on showing Celtic getting hammered ahead of the Liverpool games, now with Celtic playing tomorow they dont show it at all. Utd got their annual ****ty group and are making it hard for themselves but theyd want to not turn up to fail to qualify, you;d think the Liverpool game would be on seeing as its the one that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Monaco and Liverpool is the live game on BBC fivelive, if you dont have cable/satillite or live on the east coast then you can listen live via the web site as far as I know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/index.shtml?logo

Meanwhile Biscan starts and Mellor leads the attack. The boss was reading my earlier posts! :D

Mike.

dont suppose there a live feed anywhere online?

This is the url (save as and open in windows media player or Media Player classic) www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/live_int.asx

Mike.

Stekelly wrote:
    FFS!!!!!!!!

First Sky and RTE insist on showing Celtic getting hammered ahead of the Liverpool games, now with Celtic playing tomorow they dont show it at all. Utd got their annual ****ty group and are making it hard for themselves but theyd want to not turn up to fail to qualify, you;d think the Liverpool game would be on seeing as its the one that matters.
    Liverpool and Celtic have been on seperate days all year haven't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

eirebhoy wrote:

Yep...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Feck , The live feed has just gone .. OFF to The PUB .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

.cfm file wont play any way to fix this??

Oh feck, Garcia is off with hamstring it seems. Alonso is on the bench as is Pongolle, Kewell and Warnock.

Mike.

mayordenis wrote:
    .cfm file wont play any way to fix this??

****ing copyrite restictions! I'm on NTL so it'll do my bit.

Mike.

• Advertisement

josemi came on for garcia, finnan moved to right mid

have lfc.tv season ticket so at least i have commentary

Josemi is not inspiring confidence.

Mike.

yeah he seems to be having a nightmare :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

come on Monaco

traore down **** sake

it seems traore is ok, and he is doing all the work

eirebhoy wrote:

My bad, enduring celtic in europe just seems like it on both days. :confused:

Biscan had a good oppotunity, Traore is doing well. The pitch is a nightmare as usual.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Stevie Gerrard has been very quiet, hopefully he will start getting forward in the second half. Kirklands has'nt had a save to make...touch wood!

Mike.

Agh! Monaco have scored off a hand-ball (?)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

dammit.

and there i was all happy with boards.ie/soccer/commentry :(

do the ref's have some sort of secret society?? a society against liverpool

Traore off, Riise back, Kewell on. Josemi and a Monaco player have just crashed into each others heads. Sounds very nasty.

Josemi is off, Finnan drops to RB and Warnock is on.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote:
    do the ref's have some sort of secret society?? a society against liverpool

No need, They seem to be doing their besy to **** everything up for themselves.

Stekelly wrote:
    No need, They seem to be doing their besy to **** everything up for themselves.

and as much they are ****ing up which i agree they are that shouldnt of been a goal.

can liverpool bring back le tallec or diouf or diarra ??

mayordenis wrote:
    bring back diouf??

I thought curses got *'d out?

Monaco are tossers, the refs a homer and our luck could'nt get worse if Rafa killed a newborn child...Kewell must be shown the door in January.

Mike.

• Advertisement

In fairness though, whatever about the lack of attacking options/ attackers, the defence seems to be gone to ****. Benitez seems incapable of sorting it. Dont even get me started on that zonal marking travesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

It just gets worse and worse. Garcia is out for a few weeks having been stretchered off, Josemi in a nasty clash of heads and possibly out for a while too :( We now have to beat Olympiakos by two clear goals apparently to qualify with nearly no stiking options.

Roll on Arsenal :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd stick this here and boast. Good night for me in the betting. €17 on a Man U - Kiev double and €3 on a Bayern, Olympiakos, Monaco, Kiev and CSKA accumulator. if CSKA win tomorrow I get nearly €50 back off the €3 (possibly my most succesful accumulator, if they win of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

where's michael owen when you need him? liverpool no longer have the reliable thorn to rescue them. selling him was a mistake even if they do have 2 strikers (mellor doesnt count as a good striker yet).

liverpool are getting are too much like spurs imo.

If Partridge doesn't get his chance now he should sign a pre-contract with someone in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

smemon wrote:
    where's michael owen when you need him? liverpool no longer have the reliable thorn to rescue them. selling him was a mistake even if they do have 2 strikers (mellor doesnt count as a good striker yet).

Im sure you were one of the first to claim he was "past it" so Im not taking any notice of that.

Not a good result, but I didnt expect much. A 1-0 win against Olympiakos will put them through. Either that or a 2 goal win will put them through. Well capable I think given Olympiakos' away record.

Not a good result, but I didnt expect much. A 1-0 win against Olympiakos will put them through. Either that or a 2 goal win will put them through. Well capable I think given Olympiakos' away record.
    All they have to do is win by 1 goal so even if its 5-4 Liverpool go through. As you say, Olympiakos are crap away from home so it looks very likely that Liverpool are into the last 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

But does it not go to away goals type rules before goal difference comes into play? Like if it was 2-1 would Olympiakos not go through because the head to head would be 2-2 but they would have scored an away goal?

But does it not go to away goals type rules before goal difference comes into play? Like if it was 2-1 would Olympiakos not go through because the head to head would be 2-2 but they would have scored an away goal?
    sorry, you're right. I actually knew that and thought of it but I just went on a brain ramble for some reason. :)

no they have some ridiculous system if the goal diff is the same it comes down to your record over the last 5 seasons or something, no bull****.

• Advertisement
Advertisement