Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan

Options
  • 22-11-2004 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭

I have a €560 Credit Union loan out almost a month now. I've got around about €190 euro paid off it.
    If i went in at the weekend and asked them for a top up (or what ever they're called) of €440, I know it's probably hard to tell, but any ideas if I'd get it? I have about €500 in my account there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you've been paying your loan back on schedule, almost certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Credit unions vary from branch to branch but most will give twice your shares, So there should be no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

TIPPTOP wrote:
    Credit unions vary from branch to branch but most will give twice your shares, So there should be no problems.

More like 3-4 times your shares, and in some cases up to 10 times!

To the original poster, unless you've not been making regular payments I can see no reason why they'd refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be paying the €190 off on saturday, but I said I'd pay €60 a month off, so i'm ahead on the repayments.

Advertisement