Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ripwave in cork

• 22-11-2004 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

has anyone in cork tried ibb ripwave. most posts r from dubs and have yet to read a good one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chickalacka

not supprised there arnt any replies. went to sign up but told that glasheen wasnt covered. could have the breeze yoke though. so i rang the cork office to ask when r/w would come on stream. rep couldnt say. they only have one base station on R&H Hall. dont think many in cork have ripwave yet. pity i was looking foward to giving eircon the 2 fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

i just got the order form today, so ill prob send them off next week, dont know how long it will take to get it. i will reply later when i use it and see how it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

why dont ye use novanetworks..is there a cap on ripwave?

ive never heard of novanetworks until now!
    i cant use eircom or alike since d phone line is disconnected at the moment
    novanetworks looks faster 600k up/down but it is dearer a month and dearer for installation. for the same price you could get breeze 1mb as nova's 600k.

it also seems that you have to install an aerial and route cabel to the room? how do you find it? does it always have a good reception?
    i wouldnt be using the net that much so i dont think id reach the 12gb dl limit

there is no limit on ripwave limit as far as i know as it says unlimited usage. ripwasve looks slower than the 600k nova, just wondering what your average dl speeds are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Tried Ripwave on Lee road. No reception whatsoever. Dead duck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

Have a look at www.amocom.com as well, they have a transmitter at the airport that seems to have super range (they seemed confident that with LOS to the airport I could get a signal out beyond Blarney/Tower). Their coverage maps also indicate good coverage all over the city.

Although all the prodivers' coverage maps ALL seem to stop at Victoria cross, bad luck for anyone west of that (like me, pending Amocom). :P

If IBB would cop on that lots of young families live in the Tower/Blarney area and acted on it, I'd be delighted!

i got ripwave last week, it took 4 days to get after i sent off the form. im pretty happy with it at the mo, constant orange on signal strength and constant green on quality.
    i average out at 30kBYTESps on download.com and using a link on dslreports.com for a speed test in uk it shows the speed to be 460down and 100 up(using an american (linkLINE) test it showed 220 down and and 90up)

for gaming the latency is slow, on average i get 100ms using PING for boards.ie and while playing hl team deathmatch on a few servers it showed my latency at 200!!! so a bit jumpy sometimes.

however i quite happy with it(at the moment)

PS my location i high street, near douglas street

Advertisement