Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High visibility jackets 7 euro. bike torches 5

Options
  • 22-11-2004 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Ive been looking for a high viz jacket and Ive been quoted 20 euros in lot of places.

I was in McQuillans on Capel St and high vis jackets = 7 euros!

They also have bike lamps in a (similar style to cats eye ) for 5 euro made by Draper who make quality tools.

Back red light = 4 euros.

These are all way cheaper than any bike shop Ive been in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Good tip, worded.

Must try them out. McQuillan also have a shop in Westend in Blanchardstown for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are they "high visability" or "high visability and reflective"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Victor wrote:
    Victor wrote:

They are both "high visability" or "high visability. Have reflective stripes going every which way. Its my first one and I feel more confident on the bike. Ive heard in an accident situation the biker is asked were you wearing one? So in an unfortunate situation of getting hit, the motorist will be seen to be even more at fault.

I bought a reflective Sam Brown belt
    1) I was ripped off for 20 euros - most bike shops are making a killing on them
    becuase most punters wont pay it.
    2) I feel like Im doing a Whodini impression every time Ive to use it. A pain to take off / put back on. The jacket thing is the way to go.

So 4+5+7 = 16 euros for front / back & high vis jacket. Quite a deal.

I would say that near a 1/3 price of what Ive looked at to date every where else.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MacDonalds in Wexford Street have one with LEDs fitted for €19 (with batteries, I presume they mean batteries included).

Advertisement