Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hire a car

Options
  • 22-11-2004 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

from the west

want to hire a car

where can i get one

want them to cover the insurance as well ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

i take it that because your from the west you want to hire it in the west?

You would need to check up with each rental agency have a location in say galway or mayo, in fact very few do, whereas all of the compnies would have a location at Shannon airport, would that be close enough for you, you need to check this out before booking anything.

As for insurance all rates quoted should always include 3rd party insurance unless you specifically ask for an exclusive rate, excluding any insurance, again you need to check with each individual company to see what the rate quoted includes

Ask about any other mandatory extras, if you are collecting from an airport location an airport service fee usually applies, etc

A Bit more about the insurance, with the 3rd party you are left with an excess on the car which can range from €400-€1500 depending on the size/type of car and the company generally you will be offered an option to take full cover on the car,reducing your excess to 0, thus leaving you with zero liability.

This option can cost you between €7-17 per day again depending on car and company and what is already included in your rate.

Some rates do not have TP(theft Protection) included in the rate and without this you would be liable for the full value of the car if it were stolen

There are lots of other things to consider aswell these are just some but ring around and find out exactly what is included in the rate and what will be added on etc etc

Now time for the plug! http://www.thrifty.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

My brother's coming home from La Linea/Gibraltar next Wednesday and is renting a 3 dr Corsa type car for 99 yo-yo's from Budget I think.

Alot of the Hire companies have a desk at Carnmore Airport, Budget have an office in Eyre Square and Enterprise have an office in Ballybrit , close to Windsor .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

i just want a car for 2 days.
    not going on holidays or anything. just need to have one for travelling around ireland, any more details

Advertisement