Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN 10th anniversary edition of TDS

• 22-11-2004 9:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone planning on getting this? (tds.nin.com for more info).

I don't have an SACD player, so that wouldn't be much use to me, but the CD/DVD would.... I'm tempted because I'd love to hear it in surround sound, but then again I doubt it would be a huge difference. Anyone have any experiences with these 5.1 re-releases?

I guess my old copy of TDS is a bit tatty and scratched... might be worthwhile getting a new one, the DVD would be a bonus :D

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

You needn't worry about not having a SACD player flogen because the SACD will play perfectly in your average cd player. Anyway I'll certainly be getting this. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

SACD will play in surround on some Sony DVD players. Depends on how it's mixed but surround, if done well (and I suspect NIN would do it very well indeed), would make a huge difference to the album. I have the Dark Side Of The Moon SACD... very cool indeed. It'll play in regular stereo on your normal CD player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

with the amount of stuff going on in a nin songs i say it would make a big difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

The sound on the DVD-A is supposed to be better than the SACD.

I don't have an SACD player, but I don't have a 5.1 system either, so I'll be getting the SACD version, not the DVD.

Mainly because of the rarities CD that comes with it.

Has anyone bought it in Ireland or ordered it online yet?

I rang Virgin, they say they'll have it on the 29th (Monday). I asked HMV, they said January 7th '05 (!)

I'll just wait till Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've already got this album twice but I'm going to get it again. SACD is the bomb even on normal cd players but because I'm a NIN whore I'll probably get both.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

hrmm.. I dont know which copy to go for now!!! I might get the CD/SACD one, given that I have the Closure videos so the DVD extras arent as new to me, and a discography isn't exactly an amazing feature... then again Reznor has the ability to make things with amazing skill, that includes the presentation of things.

In other news, the new album looks like its called "With Teeth" rather than "Bleed Through"

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Any news on a release date for the new album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

it's been slated as early as next week or as late as next january, so atm it's anyones guess. which sucks ass. because i want this. a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I asked in Virgin in Cork this morning. They said it's out in England today, so usually they would have had it on Friday, but it wasn't in yet. I was told it would be in later today or tomorrow, but I think I'd be better of getting it on-line.

Advertisement