Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tough Enough-Who do you want to win?

• 22-11-2004 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering who you would like to see win the competition or do you even care?I have voted for it and I gave my vote to Daniel Puder purely because he proved he can go toe to toe with Kurt Angle which is no easy thing.It seems like most WWE fans on last week's Smackdown support him so hopefully he'll win.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I've voted for Puder every week so far, mostly for the same reasons as above.

Also, during the try-outs, he seemed sound, unlike Dan Rodimer, who just seemed like a complete jerk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

It's a pity he looks like a Chris Candido's midget brother and has the voice of minnie mouse.

He's obviously a talented shooter and looks to win it , but we're talking a novelty run of a few months then mid card 4 life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

yea, great fighter, but didnt have a clue how to talk.rodimer seems arrogant,and he's big, so he might be the one to go all the way.he'd make a great heel.he's gonna be signed weather he wins or loses.and so will the miz.wwe have been on great terms with him since he did real world.hes been backstage loads of times, and there were even interviews with him on wwe.com!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If Puder does win it,what are the odds his first match will be against Kurt Angle?Angle will have him tapping in seconds if his influence backstage is to be believed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Puder! He's gotta win, the rest suck donkeys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Also I don't think he'd be stuck in mid card, give him a manager and he could be main event, maybe Ken Shamrock could come back and be his partner or something cool like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

i havent been watching . The only thing i did see was the puder angel match and the real fighting skill in puder came across . So my vote is for puder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Puder should win, the rest suck
    Than Dan guy really sucks
    That whole Tough Enough segment in smackdown is really lame and there
    was me thinking that the diva search on raw could not be topped for been
    a total waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

The thing is MTV deemed Tough Enough a waste of time so Smackdown are left holding the can for the series.

Unlike most I thought Dan Rodimer would have been the best choice but he's gone now.I liked his cocky attitude and maybe the fact that he's a bit of a dick mite play good on camera as a heel or an over confident newcomer.

Puder should win it now though.He earned my respect by hanging in there with Kurt Angle.His hold certainly pissed him off which is great because Angle is supposed to be arrogant and an asshole in real life.Puder should win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

The only good thing ive witnessed in this tough enough facade was Show slamming the crap out every single one of them. Classic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

puder - has *the look*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Im thinking Ryan Reeves or Puder. I havent seen much of them other than snippets here and there (I usually use tough enough segments on SD to make some coffee) but I liked the Puder/Angle thing although it remains to be seen if he did piss off people with power in the WWE. Reeves just seems built up enough to look the part.

Other than than, Mike has alot of charisma and thats something you just cant teach. Wrestling skill is.

I was impressed even more with Puder when he won the arm wrestling contest.I thought Reeves would win the final but somehow Puder prevailed.He is way over with the crowd but his mic skills need work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Does anyone think that the tough enough segments are funny.When each of the contestants were give 20 seconds to talk they made me laugh...especially Mike Mizanin.I nearly choked laughing when he went mental and said boo me.

I think Ryan "SILVERBACK" Reeves has great mic skills,a very good gimmick/name ..silverback and a great look.Its a hard one to call between him and Puder although Puder is way over.I think it will come down to those two men in the final

Well it's come down to Puder and "The Miz" and I really hope Puder wins it.I've voted for Puder already and I urge you to vote also(if you care about this competition,that is :) )
    I think at Armageddon Puder will destroy Mizannin in the boxing contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

Puder is okay, but nothing spectacular.

Fact is, he's a liar. He claims to be an Ultimate Fighter. Yet, he's never actually been in the UFC, ever.

He had one fight in an independant promotion against a someone new to the game, much like himself. He won that fight and that was it.

Even if he has *the look* and some ability, he's horrific on the mic.

^^^

The Rock was crap on the mic first day as well, as was HHH.

I think Puder will do well in the wwe. That isnt a spoiler either, as Its reckoned that most of the TE contestants will be given at least developmental deals.

His mic skills will improve, so hopefully, given time, he will become a great wwe superstar. WWE needs more technical wrestlers like Kurt/Benoit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭klap trap

what the WWE needs is more wrestlers like ricky the dragon steamboat.
    dressing like a spandex dragon...now THAT takes balls.
    he should come out of retirement or whatever and give these whippersnappers what for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I don't like either of them, but of the two left it's gotta be Puder. The other guy is just a gormless fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Just Found out Puder won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

klap trap wrote:
    what the WWE needs is more wrestlers like ricky the dragon steamboat.
    dressing like a spandex dragon...now THAT takes balls.
    he should come out of retirement or whatever and give these whippersnappers what for

It was'nt a case of him having balls, he had no fecking choice in the matter.
    Vince's way of punishing him for going to WCW.
    Commentaters were'nt even allowed refer to him as Ricky Steamboat, just "The Dragon" , as if nobody knew who he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Just Found out Puder won

And he is the first entry in the thirty man battle royle at the rumble,
    What the odds he has some spat with Angle and end up eliminating him.
    less we forget the undertaker/maven rumble

Puder won? Thought as much.

Yeah I know, eventually he'll get better on the mic. That is of course if he is given a chance. As with most people who've won tough enough, nothing was done with them.

Yes I heard Puder won too.I hope they attempt an Angle/Puder angle as it would be the best way for the WWE to utilise Puder.
    However we all know if it comes down to a wrestling match,Angle is going to win.You've got to believe his ego is still hurting over that kimura incident. :)

Seed wrote:
    That is of course if he is given a chance. As with most people who've won tough enough, nothing was done with them.

I dont know about that. Maven is getting plenty TV time at the moment.

Jackie Gayda is one of the main valets in WWE.

Linda Miles (shaniqua) was released due to being an idiot.

Johnny Nito is in for a huge face push on his return to wwe from ovw.

Nidia did ok, and was a very surprising cut a few weeks ago.

Matt, from TE3, is supposedly quite close to his debut as well.

Basically, those who have worked hard, have made somewhat of a success, and those who didnt (ie Linda Miles) havent.

Apparently Puders attitude backstage isnt great, and is a bit of a suck up, but hopefully he will shape up, and get it right soon.

BTW, the result should really have had spoiler tags?

Not really, if you checked the site at any time you'd see the result.

Well, I guess the reason they didn't get pushed for long was the fact they sucked. On oh so many levels.

Maven was the first Tough Enough winner. So I think that's what make fans like him as his talent is average in ring and on the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Everyone seems to be expecting Puder to be some god in the ring. He was an mma fighter, which does not equal being a good professional wrestler in any way. If that were the case, Dan Severn would have been one of the best wrestlers around. I really don't like the guy as it is. I hate his look, his attitude..give me Johnny Nitro any day!

Advertisement