Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

volvo c70?

Options
  • 22-11-2004 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking of trading my reliable but basic car up to something a little more stylish, ideally a coupe. BMW the obvious choice but a bit outside my budget (for the most recent model). A bit of casual browsing on cbg.ie, and the volvo C70 seems to jump out as a relatively good deal, looks like '98-99 models are to be had for 12-15K.

What do people think, pig in a poke or something with a touch of class & style for not too much dosh? Any horror stories/thing to look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Go for it! The C70 is elegant, stylish and pretty rare. Good car, even the basic 2.0 has a good bit of poke thanks to the straight 5 engine with turbo :)

Only drawback is the "old man image" but who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Thanks unkel. Does it have a pipe holder? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

If you've got last Sunday's Sunday Times there was a piece in the Driving section on buying a used C70.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

*digs up mostly unread Sunday Times

I'll be damned, it's there. Jason Dawe (I like him) is pretty positive about it and recommends the T5 but you'll have to check the front wheels and suspension carefully. I'd still go for the one I mentioned earlier. 240bhp is too much for a FWD car imho. Insurance would not be good either over here

He also recommends the autobox for all models bar the T5 and advises that a "burnt orange" coloured one is worth €750 less. I never liked that colour either

Advertisement