Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

downloading music is addictive

• 23-11-2004 5:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

anyone find any good mixes by the chemical brothers? well what I mean are live dj sets, Im a big fan of the chemical brothers have just about every single and cd they've put out and a few bootleg cds and plenty of stuff downloaded but never payed much attention to how they made their music...and im not a wannabee dj, perhaps they spent most of their time behind boxes rather then decks, but i don't think I've found a live dj set ie one where they havn't just mosty played the tracks off the album, as good and all as they are from three little birds to star guitar... I'd love to hear what they might play if they were dj'ing ever week at a small club

ps the portishead essential mix is great...

im also having great fun looking at the sleeve notes of my dance cds to find the original songs, les well known dj's, recent and obscure soul classics...to improve my appreciation of rnb etc love the sample set now if I could only find the sleeves to them

also when was the first ministry of sound compilation/annual or '90 something

I think I remember having the annual from 91 with pete tong and boy george... and not into commercial dance music, but I loved this some overtop chunky funk-house with great diva like vocals and the other cd had faithless insomina, tori amis proffesional widow remix and an instrumental of prodigy fire starter in the one mix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i take it you already have "brothers gonna work it out"...
    have you tried soulseek?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i have chemical brothers live in chile but the link i got it from is down,pm me and maybe i can send it through a messenger to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I use soulseek all the time to download music by far the best on the net..Chewy are you on about Portishead essential mix from 1994?i have that at home i d/l from soulseek,excellent stuff... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

got chemical brothers breezeblock... its sorta what i was looking for, them playing records atleast.. ones that inspired them not their own...

btw I listened to mary ann hobbes for ages she has the sexiest voice a picture of her dissapoints

Advertisement