Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW launched in NA

Options
  • 23-11-2004 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Well it seems that the WoW launch has gone off without any major hick ups over in NA.

As a side note, they have launched the game with 40 servers (wow). Thats a lotta servers. Even SWG only had like 20 MAX i think? I just hope they haven't overestimated and end up having to close some down.

For those that didn't get to try it out during the beta and stuff, I'll be posting a FULL REVIEW when I get home this afternoon/evening of the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Memnoch wrote:
    Well it seems that the WoW launch has gone off without any major hick ups over in NA.

As a side note, they have launched the game with 40 servers (wow). Thats a lotta servers. Even SWG only had like 20 MAX i think? I just hope they haven't overestimated and end up having to close some down.

For those that didn't get to try it out during the beta and stuff, I'll be posting a FULL REVIEW when I get home this afternoon/evening of the game.
    Fantastic. I await with bated breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

How did u get around the billing addy issue ??

I want to play on the US servers cause most of my friends and old guild mates are from US/Canada but Blizzard have locked out any non US credit cards.....

I have a UK retailker with the game instock and can ship to me in 3 days but im still figureing out a way to setup the account and play with the game cards which are ROBBERY..

Thx

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i read on a wow forum that gamecards dont take effect until monday 29th Novemeber, apparently some europeans that are currently trying to register are being stopped by the verification process for a credit card, as its checking the billing address, and it must be in North America for it to work.

But its confirmed u can use gamecards, so i guess come monday you should be able to get around it by that, as they should have added the gamecard option to the signup process, with no way of them being able to verify where you are

one other thing is, even though u get 1 month free with the WOW retail package, when you signup with ur cdkey and name and all that stuff, u still need a gamecard or cc(NA-card-only) to be able to play at all, ud have to put in a fake address with the gamecard code but thats not too difficult

thats my theory and i hope it will work, gotta wait for someone to try first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Just ordered my copy today, so hopefully this day next week ill be playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I should have my copy tomorrow morning! Hurrah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Wheres that review?

Advertisement