Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardcore Holly

• 23-11-2004 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

Whats the deal with Hardcore Holly.For those of you who dont know what happened,HH assaulted Rene Dupree for getting caught speeding in a rented car under Holly's name.HH has a reputation for working stiff with young talent.He's seen as a locker room bully so i hear.I'm thinkin some day he mite end somebodies career.im also amazed he wasnt suspended or fired for his actions.im also surprised he hasnt been let go with the other released superstars.although he's one of the longest there,he never is or was a big draw.
    What do u think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

good point.he's an assh*le!!!!!!
    dunno bout the car thing, but heard he went stiff on dupree.he never drew a dime.he sucks bigtime.
    i was at the breakfast the morning of mania xx, and he was one of the supposed "superstars".some guy asked him,
    hey bob, how does it feel to go from main eventing the rumble, to not even getting on the biggest card of the year.
    it was hillarius, he dropped his head, kinda laughed, and was speechless.classic moment in the crppy chronicles of bob holly!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Yeah, he's fond of pushing the younger guys around, but it ain't kinder garden , if they want to be wrestlers they should be able to take it.
    Plus Dupree is Pat Patterson's protégée ( Hey, he could call himself Triple P ! ) so he's most likely a bit George Michael if ya know what i mean and deserves the odd beating.

As for Holly as a wrestler, he obviously stunk as STP and in the Job Squad, but as Hardcore I always found him enjoyable, his work with Big Show, Al Snow and Crash was good.
    And everyone knows he only got the RR main event because Brock broke his neck and it made a good story for his comeback, no one including Holly every thought he'd win it or stay up in the big picture.
    I don't think he's ever had ideas above his station, not for the last 6 or 7 years anyway, and he's given Vince ten years service (Sounds like Patterson and Dupree again).
    You gave out about HBK for wanting to defect to WCW , Bob , HH is as loyal as a pet Labrador.

Lay off the old timers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

wrestling is a scripted story right?

but when i read posts here i get confused and dont know if you guys are talking about the story or real life
    it seems to be all mixed together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

D-FENS wrote:
    Yeah, he's fond of pushing the younger guys around, but it ain't kinder garden , if they want to be wrestlers they should be able to take it.

Yes but there is being rough for the sake of wrestling and then there is Holly who just enjoys beating the tar out of people for no good reason (watch Tough Enough 3 to see my point)
    D-FENS wrote:
    Plus Dupree is Pat Patterson's protégée ( Hey, he could call himself Triple P ! ) so he's most likely a bit George Michael if ya know what i mean and deserves the odd beating.
    One of the more idiotic things you have said on this board
    D-FENS wrote:
    HH is as loyal as a pet Labrador.
    Loyal he may be - but selfish, a bully and a total knob he is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

The fight was real..it just happened during a wrestling match....would of loved to have seen Dupree running away from him. Spark Plug Bob Holly....don't knock the classics. I was at the mania breakfast too and that was great...Test seemed to get a kick out of it anyways. Still Bob Holly will always be known as the first nascar dirver/Wrestler that ever performed the penis suplex lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I love Harcore Holly as a wrestler, one of the only mid/lower card guys that I would look forward to his match. I like that his moves actually look real - but I guess from above posts that they are!

As a person, he seems to be a bit of a d1ck. One of my favourite WWE angles was when the hardcore title was floating around and him, Al Snow, Crash, Big show among others were milling around backstage.

If its all true about what he does to new talent then hes a liability but there must be some reason why Vince keeps him around. Hes not exactly the most forgiving of bosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

i dont like his tactics.i feel that he he mite be doing this to impress vince.maybe wants vince to see how to keep the young superstars tough.

no doubt,Holly is a great superstar.His 2 best matches were against HHH on Heat in 2000 and against Kurt Angle on Smackdown Feb 2004.

i just dont like his behaviour.i feel disciplinary action should be taken.not fired but a fine or suspension mite wake him up.I say keep him on.hes experienced and a good seller of moves.but he should lay off the young stars as they'd probably perform better in a friendly non hostile backstage environment

It was personal, supposidly he was driving Hollys rental car and got a ticket so then because it was Bobs Car he had to fly back to the city where Dupree got the ticket to go to the court....seeing as though Wrestlers have little spare time as it is you could imagine how annoying that would have been for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

One of the more idiotic things you have said on this board

My comment about Dupree and Patterson was meant as a joke, Phenom.
    And just because you don't agree with what i write does'nt make it idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

I read on a wrestling webiste that me did the JOB for an unknown wrestler in a dark match before the velocity tapings. That was probably his punishment,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Didnt they use his temper as a storyline before remember the young up start (randy orton) getting the best of the old guy week in week out. it finished with an almama slam on the ramp way .

Maybe some good will come out of this episode.

I read Holly got a $10,000 fine for the assault and that he was repremanded.

Also,the fact that Holly did the job for an unknown athlete in a dark match mite kickstart this guys career should he keep persueing it.

I would love if WWE made it a storyline and recruit this unknown individual.It would make for a more realistic angle just like the Barry Horowitz angle in 95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Didnt they use his temper as a storyline before remember the young up start (randy orton) getting the best of the old guy week in week out. it finished with an almama slam on the ramp way .

Yup, and to make things even better, Orton didn't land correctly which lead to his shoulder injury shortly after that. Orton's fault tho.

And the RNN skits were well worth it :)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

blackbelt wrote:
    i dont like his tactics.i feel that he he mite be doing this to impress vince.maybe wants vince to see how to keep the young superstars tough.

no doubt,Holly is a great superstar.His 2 best matches were against HHH on Heat in 2000 and against Kurt Angle on Smackdown Feb 2004.

i just dont like his behaviour.i feel disciplinary action should be taken.not fired but a fine or suspension mite wake him up.I say keep him on.hes experienced and a good seller of moves.but he should lay off the young stars as they'd probably perform better in a friendly non hostile backstage environment
    It's spelt "might" - not "mite".

Try nt 2 uz ur txt slng unles ur tlkng 2 ur gay m8s.

I''ll use my text language when im talking dirty with your ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

blackbelt wrote:
    Slagging someone's ma! So original... You must be the funniest guy in the playground.

blackbelt wrote:
    Rattlor wrote:
    Slagging someone's ma! So original... You must be the funniest guy in the playground.

Ladies, enough of the muppetry, whats this got to do with Wrestling?!
    Anyway, Hardcore Holly is a total wanker of the highest order. He's also managed to put about six others out over the last 2-3 years. He has no talent and is jealous of those who do.

VR!

Great article that says what most people are thinking about Holly, but also looks at it from another viewpoint too

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2004/11/27/737099.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Damn thought this was a pr0n thread

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Great article that says what most people are thinking about Holly, but also looks at it from another viewpoint too

Whoop de doo, a speeding ticket. This guy is a joke. And i think he pretty much knows it, hence his bitterness.

Where's Mark Calloway to tape up his fists when we need him? :P
    VR!

Rattlor wrote:

if memory serves me correctly,you are the one who wanted to act like a kid just because i spelt might as "mite". also calling text slang as language for the gays/"my gay friends" is unjustified.
    You want to slag people over sexuality.wow thats original.as far as being "the funniest guy in the playground"...im not trying to be funny.You threw the first stone and got one back,deal with it.

Where's Mark Calloway to tape up his fists when we need him?

I want proof on this "fist taping" incident - anyone know where I can find some?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

The fist taping story - I first read it in Scott Keiths book "tonight in this very ring". I guess thats where everybody got it from

ah Scott Keith, an unreliable source then :) my golden rule is, if it aint from Meltzer or the horse's mouth, then its a pile of crap :)

Ph3n0m wrote:
    ah Scott Keith, an unreliable source then :) my golden rule is, if it aint from Meltzer or the horse's mouth, then its a pile of crap :)

Nah, Keith's not one for the BS, he is biased beyond belief, but he generally doesn't BS. He just calls it as he sees it.

And i've heard from more than just him about that fist taping incident.
    VR!

Nah, Keith's not one for the BS, he is biased beyond belief, but he generally doesn't BS. He just calls it as he sees it.

And i've heard from more than just him about that fist taping incident.
    VR!

Be it bias or BS - atleast Meltzer can keep things in perspective - he doesnt play favourites based on nationality - he reports as it happens, when it happens, politics for him dont matter

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Be it bias or BS - atleast Meltzer can keep things in perspective - he doesnt play favourites based on nationality - he reports as it happens, when it happens, politics for him dont matter

Nothing wrong with being opinionated though, i should know! ;)
    VR!

I always look at the hell in a cell with Mick and see the lack of feeling on The Undertakers face especially for the second one he got in the ring after about 10 seconds and then he looked like he tweaked his friggin knee lol he hurt his knee and winces in pain while Mick is in a ball on the canvas..to quote Hurricaine WHATS UP WITH THAT!?

• Advertisement

I always look at the hell in a cell with Mick and see the lack of feeling on The Undertakers face especially for the second one he got in the ring after about 10 seconds and then he looked like he tweaked his friggin knee lol he hurt his knee and winces in pain while Mick is in a ball on the canvas..to quote Hurricaine WHATS UP WITH THAT!?

Might have something to do with the fact that the second bump was an accident. It wasn't scripted. The table bump was something Foley spent days bugging the sh*t out of Calloway until he eventually gave in and said fine.

Calloway at that stage, for all intents and purposes was a walking cripple that night, he'd a broken ankle i think.

VR!

The first throw from the cell was scripted, so Taker knew Foley "should" be ok, so he remained in character.

The second was an accident, however Taker got down as soon as he good, and he hobbled, because had several broken bones in his foot - and after that came the "on the spot, the match is f**ked, lets keep people entertained" moment with Funk and Taker

To quote Calloway who was quoted by Foley when asked what he thought, when looked down on Mick

"I thought you were dead" - chilling in its simplicity

but the look on his face when he looked down from on the cell after the second one he didn't break character at all you could argue he's just a good actor *cough* or he couldn't care less though in his favour I'd say guys that have been in it as long as him or Ric Flair follow the golden rules of wrestling, keep in character even outside the ring, don't break character etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

keep this on frickin topic

o.k no problem...Hardcore Holly and Delaware have alot in common...anyone agree?

Advertisement