Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOD's celebrations vs France

• 23-11-2004 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

I was watching the Sports Files on RTE2 last night when they showed us winning against France (bleedin' great !!) a few years back. O'Driscoll scored three tries but after each one (well the first two anyway) he made the circular hand gesture thingy. Does anyone know what this meant? or why he did it. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the rumour at the time was something to do with his GF or something, but I thought he'd rubbished those? - anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I was asking the same question myself but forgot about it towards the end when I got caught up in the excitement of it as if it were live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

You mean the Claddaggh heart shape?here
    As far as im aware it had something to do with his girlfiend at the time think he bought her a ring or some sort of jewelry and that had something to do with it.Had something to do with him telling her that he loved her or sommit.Not sure.Hope this helps man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i heard him say it was the inital of a mate of his who dared him to do it if he scored....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Nukem wrote:
    You mean the Claddaggh heart shape?here
    As far as im aware it had something to do with his girlfiend at the time think he bought her a ring or some sort of jewelry and that had something to do with it.Had something to do with him telling her that he loved her or sommit.Not sure.Hope this helps man

Yeah great, sounds like youre just making it up as you go along there mate :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Think what ya want man.But bet if ya drop a line to RTE it they'll tell ya the same thing( they commented on it after that match). I remeber it cause my girlfriend had just given me a claddagh ring for my bday. But i dont care,belive what you want :p

Also funny how Uberwolf thought it was about his GT as well.mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Yeah ok, sorry for not believing. Cheers !!!!!!

Advertisement