Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing to reduce neighbour noise

Options
  • 23-11-2004 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Noise from our neighbours house is driving us mad - they're not actually being incredibly noisy, but airborne noise like conversations and the television seem to transfer through the party wall very easily.

We have a fireplace in our bedroom which I assume is replicated on their side and my current theory is that the noise is being transferred through this - the noise is particularly bad upstairs and still noticeable but less so downstairs where it's likely just reverberating through the wall.

Anyone any experience of soundproofing a common wall, what did you use, results achieved etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Jackson, I'd be interested to know who built your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our house is the same but it's almost 100 years old. We can even hear our neighbours in the loo!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Jackson, I'd be interested to know who built your house.

Christ knows, it's a mid terrace in Crumlin, dates from the 50s at least, I'd say.

Christ knows, it's a mid terrace in Crumlin, dates from the 50s at least, I'd say.
    Just wondered, cos there are a lot of new houses going up around Dublin by a well known building company who are renowned for customers complaining afterwards about noise from next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 paularose

I have this problem also, just wondering who the well know builder is? Wonder did they build my house!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

We can even hear our neighbours in the loo!!
    `
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Noise from our neighbours house is driving us mad - they're not actually being incredibly noisy, but airborne noise like conversations and the television seem to transfer through the party wall very easily.

We have a fireplace in our bedroom which I assume is replicated on their side and my current theory is that the noise is being transferred through this - the noise is particularly bad upstairs and still noticeable but less so downstairs where it's likely just reverberating through the wall.

Anyone any experience of soundproofing a common wall, what did you use, results achieved etc?

Google it
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=soundproofing&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryIE
    There a boards thread on this subject
    t

paularose wrote:
    I have this problem also, just wondering who the well know builder is? Wonder did they build my house!
    So who built your house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 paularose

comox developers, I think.

Advertisement