Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead's Gigs!

Options
  • 09-10-2000 1:02pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was at Saturday's - appart from a blinding head-ache which almost made me pass out when I started jumpin' up and down, it was fan-frickin-tastic!
    The new stuff sounded really, really well live.

t'was Thom's birthday on Saturday too smile.gif

btw - Who was that person who came up talking to me before the gig started? I'm sorry dude - but I've no idea who you were!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Jeez Dav, - that was ME! ... I thought you seemed a bit out of it alright tongue.gif

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea Kharn the new stuff sounded excellent live. Much easier listening to Kid A now after hearing it live last night (Sunday).

They played lots of The Bends last night, which was what I was hoping for!

Altogether an excellent gig, very comfortable in the inner ring of the 'tent' lots of space, not too crowded. (space to hop around wink.gif )

It totally rocked, those of you who missed it, well, you missed it.

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

it was great.
    i was in the outer ring- too crowded for jumping up and down, so i left the crowd.
    we still had a great view because of that genius tent, and we danced and jumped without hassle.
    the greatest live performers i have ever seen.
    they really do deserve so much of their hype.
    plus- cool tshirts that arent made in sweatshops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

That's entertainment.
    Went on Sunday night (ta Dav).
    Favourite bit of the gig was when Yorkie said "we've decided to play a lot of the Bends tonight". Whoot, whoot.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jaysus Niall - I didn't kow ya without a suit on wink.gif
    The aul head wasn't the best - serious lack of sleep wasn't doing me any favours!

I wish I'd had the money to go on Sunday night too - it sounds like it was amazing.
    BTW - glad to be of help Fergus wink.gif

I've only cut the "Inner Barrier Pass" off my arm this morning and it's stuck to my monitor at work for all to see smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

lol @ Dav...

well - there was also the fact that I was (practically) bald... but yeah- you did look a bit zooped ... for want of a better (and not made-up!) word... about all you managed to say was:
    "wha'? the boards lads?... um... plastic membrane is around somewhere... do you know what he looks like?"

at which point I made my excuses, ****ed off and got a hot dog with some friends, and told them "he tried to get me a job in New York, he did... sound man, that"

ditto about the barrier pass wink.gif

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

i went on saturday night, i thought it was fu<kin' brilliant. the sound was amazing i think all gigs should be played in tents from now on. i thought one of the coolest moment of the gig was during one of the tracks (****ed if i can rember which one) ed o'brien was'nt playing and i looked up at the screens and you could see him sitting on the edge of the stage playing air drums perfectly along to the beat, everyone around me stopped looking at the stage and was watching ed on the screen - one of those sureal moments in life.
    excellent gig - and i get to see them in australia in march next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

ahh, truly one of the top two gigs i was ever at. Great atmosphere, great audience, and the 'head in tip top form. The only regrets i have is the fact that we couldnt go Sunday either (they played a lot of The Bends, damn, what, High And Dry? Fake Plastic Trees, Black Star ?), and i didnt get to meet more boys from The Boards. But, as Dav so eloquently put it, i was around somewhere...

PS- Inner Barrier Pass: I still have it on..

Im going to the bear fights tomorrow, want to come with ??

Advertisement