Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiators not working

Options
  • 23-11-2004 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I've recently noticed that 2 radiators in my house are not working. I've released the airlocks hoping that would fix the problem but to avail of no success. I've also checked that radiator valves are turned on. The pipes to the radiators are also cold though. Does anyone know how to fix them or do I need a plumber to take a look? I'm scared it will cost a small fortune to fix? I use a gas central heating system. Any help, advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Have you checked heating to make sure there is not a 'summer switch' which is on and stopping your radiators from heating...might explain why your pipers are not heating at flow side of the rad. Look close to your gas burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Yes, I've checked but no switch. All other radiators are working perfectly with the exception of the 2 - which are actually on two sides of the same wall - I assume there connected in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

had same problem a while back and asked a mate who is a plumber,he suggested to turn off all the radiators and put the heating on full power for awhile.there might be an airbubble somewhere....i think that was the way he said anyway or might be put heating on full power and bleed all the rads one after the other....

well try either one and see...

goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Thanks, that seemed to have done the trick. I turned all radiators off except for the 2 offending ones and turned the boiler on to full heat. In a matter of minutes the 2 offending rads turned on again! Many thanks for all your help, this is much appreciated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Yay..great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Cheers for the tip, just sorted out the dodgy radiator in the kitchen :)

Viking

Advertisement