Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor release new post-pay packages to take on Vodafone & O2

• 23-11-2004 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news4a.nv?storyid=single4099

TBH, I'm impressed. I thought they'd be gone a year ago.

Does anyone have any details on these new plans? Looks I was lucky to [strike]be too lazy[/strike] hold back on moving to Meteor until now :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

Just had a look at the Meteor website, and the new price plans are up.
    Basically - they're just the same as before - Meteor Talk 60, Talk 200, and Talk 400. Prices are 20 Euro, 40 Euro and 60 Euro. Each plan (like the Meteor Minutes plans) include calls to any network, at any time whether in the ROI or UK. Calls outside the monthly allocation are charged at 25 Cence per minute (also applies to the call types listed above). There still doesn't seem to be any carry-over of minutes.

Personally, I can't say I'm too impressed with these new plans. There's nothing there to attract pre-paid customers who use their phones mostly at the evenings and weekends. Previously I had been thinking about switching to the talk & text plan (Meteor 75), which would allow me to make some calls during the day as well. However, I decided to hold off, thinking that plans with some different combinations would appear (along the lines of what Voda currently offer). However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead, all we have now are a series of plans with a varying number of inclusive minutes i.e. Talk 60, Meteor 75, Talk or Meteor 200, Meteor 350, Talk 400 etc.
    They might represent good value for the business user though, with all calls outside the monthly allocation being charged at just 25 Cence per minute regardless of the time or type of call (any network within the ROI or UK).

To see them for yourself go to:
    http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/minutes.html#Talk_Plans

-Ciaran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nice one, I don't think they were up earlier.

Talk 60 is a good plan. It's cheap enough to woo over all of those who are teetering on the edge of the pre-pay/post-pay divide, since it's a flat rate, so it's cheaper than most other pre-pay operators' plans, particularly on-peak. The minimum monthly commitment is next to nothing as well.

I'll have to take a proper look and make a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

I am on vodafone and I work in front of my pc all day and so any time I need to send a text I use Vodafones website.
    They provide 300 free text a month,I think O2 provide 250 but Meteor only provide 30 free text a month. Until this is upped I dont see people who like internet texting switching to meteor.

Vodafone recently only had 50 free a month as well but they upped the numbers I suppose because of how many free text O2 were providing. I think meteor should do the same.
    * just incase the MeteorCEO happens to read this like *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

can someone who uses o2 webtext tell me if u can send a free text to a uk mobile try sending me one 00447890296185. i know vodafone only allows irish txting but meteor allows uk ones for sure as i use it. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Can anyone explain to me why anyone would choose Meteor talk 200 over Meteor Minutes 200?
    lomb wrote:
    can someone who uses o2 webtext tell me if u can send a free text to a uk mobile try sending me one 00447890296185. i know vodafone only allows irish txting but meteor allows uk ones for sure as i use it. thanks

You can send international text messages online with Meteor and O2 but not with vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

The new plans are great - even if Talk 200 is practically the same as Minutes 200 it's better in that customers aren't penalised for calling competitor mobiles. Also, if you don't want to be stung with peak/off peak calls choose a plan where you wont exceed the minutes, since if you look at say minutes 350 it's over €50 cheaper than Vodafone's business 400 and you're only losing out on 50 minutes of calls. It was in the paper today that they are opening a store on grafton st - finally and about time. Plus meteors minutes can be used to call UK mobiles and landlines. The only complaint I have is that sometimes their network wont connect a call unless i try several times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Fungus wrote:

You can send international text messages online with Meteor and O2 but not with vodafone.

yeah that's one big advantage.. and they have an on-line phonebook.. so handy cos I can never memorise
    international numbers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Meteor used to have a phone book and now does not.. also meteor is only 30 per month and O2 is 250...

For work im O2 and for myself im Meteor.

Advertisement