Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cool nights (flushbus) car show

Options
  • 23-11-2004 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

its on 4th december from 5-10 in the national show centre in swords!!
    anyone going to it??? :D cant wait!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

The one that was at the airport. Is the show still on...Probably will just be the same isopon filled civic/micra drivers that go to all of them, and try race you in the car park...so I probably wont go.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

should be a good time to speed all over Ireland as every traffic cop will be lurking around Swords that weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

Kersh wrote:
    The one that was at the airport. Is the show still on...Probably will just be the same isopon filled civic/micra drivers that go to all of them, and try race you in the car park...so I probably wont go.

yep some little scumbags robbed the banner!! its still on, and if you feel so strongly bout civic owners n car shows why read n reply to the thread?????
    anyways i think itll b a great show, therell be some nice civic coupes, no micras as far as i know, some nice integras, scoobys....................the list is endless!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Ooooo - i'm going to bring my bulldozer and have some fun in the carpark...do everyone else on the road a favour!

DukeDredd wrote:
    Ooooo - i'm going to bring my bulldozer and have some fun in the carpark...do everyone else on the road a favour!
    Do everyone a favour?? how??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Go the Duke...hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭twin cam girl

Il be in it look out for a girl turning heads in a blue twin cam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

I'll be there too!

Its just that...well....I love cars, have a few (nice ones too), I race them, and generally anything I do is to do with cars.
    I have been to these shows, and yes, some of the cars are great (both in car park, and in show), etc etc, but on the way in, and way out, all I get is ' is that a twin tuuurbo, Ill race you' or a guy in a micra with neons/splitters/hks,greddy decals revving his engine and 'smoking me' out of the car park and down the road.
    You know the type Im on about. And its at all the shows. I have been to shows in UK, and that sort of ****e is fairly thin on the ground.
    I may go, I may not,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

I know the a$$holes you mean, shame they dont seem to be going anywhere in a hurry though!

Its these feckers that bring our name down

• Advertisement

I have instructed at Mondello, on track days, and I swear these idiots, with their lack of discipline will cause a serious accident on what is supposed to be a safe day to enjoy your cars limits.
    Even having been briefed (and warned), they overtake on the wrong side (diving up the inside of other cars), and just generaly behave like hooligans. I have seen many being ejected on track days, and crashing into banks :) .
    Same guys on m50 pull up beside you, dip the clutch, blip the throttle and take off again. Twats.
    And yes they really do ruin it for most people who enjoy their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Its gonna be a great show, sometimes I just get lost in the car park checking out what ther people have created.Unfortunately my car will not be ready by the 4th so no impressing people with mine.

As for the little wannabe racer a$$holes, they will be there in force but hopefully it wont dicourage people from supporting the event. The better the attendance, the bigger the car scene will become over here. ANd that makes parts easier to get. All this means that people with more unusual cars will be able to mod them properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I shall be attending this show, first things first though. Toys for big boys is in the RDS this weekend!

Farlz

dpnt know if ill be going to toys for big boys, they tried to charge websites over a grand per stand!! so not too many nice cars :( theres a japanese car meet up tho on the saturday i think so mite head to that instead!! :D

clairey wrote:
    dpnt know if ill be going to toys for big boys, they tried to charge websites over a grand per stand!! so not too many nice cars :( theres a japanese car meet up tho on the saturday i think so mite head to that instead!! :D

what do you drive clairey

a focus, are ya on any of the car sites????

clairey wrote:
    a focus, are ya on any of the car sites????

any "modding" done I was on cruise IRL about three weeks ago I dont no if I still am though???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

u should try eiremax.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

or racershaven.com or maxed-ie.net(although its down for maintenance at the mo

jon44w.com is the site to use, i know its northern but lots of us on there are from the south.

There was a few cars up at toys4bigboyz last night when i went up, only about 6/7 though nothing that hasn't been seen before. It was a good show all the same though.

Roll on cool nights!

Farlz

• Advertisement

any "modding" done I was on cruise IRL about three weeks ago I dont no if I still am though???

its a work in progress, rs front bumper, 17's, tints, purple neons..... cant think really still hungover :(
    yeh im on most of the sites, maxed-ie cruiseirl, eiremax, just-cruizin, nicruisin etc...... my username is claire-focus :D

clairey wrote:
    its a work in progress, rs front bumper, 17's, tints, purple neons

you got a pic of wot you got done so far?

farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

You mean it's on websites like this one: http://www.eiremax.net/cargallery/novarush.html

Bloody hell... :D

no pics yet, put my new angel eyes in yday :) i love em!!
    there was a pic on cruiseirl from a while ago but duno where to find it now!

Nice one, did you get them off of ebay? i got my morette's in the other week, love them!

Farlz

nah got them shipped from america some lad i know gets them in, they were fairly cheap aswell so im well happy!!
    havnt gotten anythin off ebay for the car, bought loads of car show outfits from them tho!! very cheap im completely addicted to ebay!!!

clairey wrote:
    bought loads of car show outfits from them tho!! very cheap im completely addicted to ebay!!!

The mind boggles hehe so this cool nights thing might not be cold so to speak :p

Farlz

Farls wrote:
    The mind boggles hehe so this cool nights thing might not be cold so to speak :p

Farlz

huh???? :confused:

clairey wrote:
    huh???? :confused:

i took show outfits up wrong maybe :o

• Advertisement

nah id say im jus really slow lol!!
    i mean the outfits all the girls wear that are workin at it and modelling, ebay is great for them!! ordered the police one for cool nites but it still hasnt arrived :( gettin scared now!! only 2 more days to go!!

Advertisement