Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media whoring

• 23-11-2004 2:35pm

How can he constantly get away with his whining? :mad:

McFadden fears he's becoming an alcoholic
    23/11/2004 - 10:08:27

Pop hunk Brian McFadden fears he's becoming an alcoholic following the traumatic break-up of his marriage to former Atomic Kitten, Kerry Katona.

The Real To Me singer gave up alcohol after leaving Irish boyband Westlife earlier this year but admits he's become dependent on drink to numb the pain of his forthcoming divorce, and he fears he won't be able to kick the habit.

He confesses: "The problem is everything looks so much better through the bottom of a glass. I'm drinking every night.

"I didn't touch a drop for two months but then with everything going on at home it was impossible to resist a drink. It hasn't been the best year on the personal front.

"I'm going to have to cut back soon. But things are too crazy at the moment."

Can he keep getting away with whining? 33 votes

yes, he was in westlife, therefore great
    0% 0 votes
    no, we have officially had enough
    3% 1 vote
    I don't know, i eat crayons
    96% 32 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

His video has been pulled by the record company, because St Fintans threatened to sue coz he didn't even go to school there. They sent out new videos today apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

how could you not pick the last option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

What can I say - he's a gobsh*te!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

blue crayons are the nicest!!! but its all media coverage!!! and thats what he wants!!! he doesnt care if its good or bad once he has coverage

woosaysdan wrote:
    blue crayons are the nicest!!! but its all media coverage!!! and thats what he wants!!! he doesnt care if its good or bad once he has coverage

Oh my dear God! Does that mean I'm doing him a favour by starting this thread? Oh, am I going to burn....

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

What if he got so depressed he decided to end it all and kill himself? Maybe we could start a petition? I'll happily donate whatever rope I have lying around.

i think i could spare a bit of rope for a good cause!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

McFadden's an idiot. Ignore him, and don't read about him (except for this :) )

Works for me.

Papa Smut wrote:
    He confesses: "The problem is everything looks so much better through the bottom of a glass. I'm drinking every night.

It didn't do Shane MacGowan much harm....
    And tbh if it was said by anyone else, I'd go "great! About time we have a popular person who is an alcoholic. Might lift the sterility of life" but no, its this i.d.i.o.t bragging on about his "tough" life and his "harsh" upbringing.

Please for the love of God strike him down NOW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

He cshould be glad that he is getting rid of his slapper of a wife instead of complaining about it. If he wants to stop drinking he should actually do instead of whinging on and on

• Advertisement

kerrys not a slapper!!! shes kinky!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

lets hope the glass is poisoned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

jor el wrote:
    McFadden's an idiot. Ignore him, and don't read about him (except for this :) )

Works for me.

Overheard in the smoking area in work

Dozy slapper in accounts;
    "I mean how could he dump her? I mean he just wrote that song about just wanting his family and not celebritity"

Me (unable to resist);
    "Hey he lied to us through song! I hate when they do that!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

he is just one of these people who like to live every second of his meaningless life in the public eye so that he can shovle more dinero into his already bloated bank account. good luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I saw them in Tamangos apparently...

I ended up there after a christmas meal out in Malahide last year... I can't say I really know what they look like, I just had to go on the word of the people around me.

But your relationship is certainly in trouble if end up going to Tamangos for a good time out together... didn't anyone tell them that the gang doesn't go there anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Can't understand ppl's fascination with celebrities (if that word can be used in conjunction with those two) Honestly who cares.... I find it offensive that u have front page news in the tabloids with massive headlines and pictures like "whatshisface and mcfadden have broken up" and then you have in 4 lines on the corner of the page about some old age pensioner beaten about the head and killed for a tenner.... Which is genuinely more important????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

but its all media coverage!!! and thats what he wants!!!

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Which is genuinely more important????
    The one that sells more papers, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

robbie1876 wrote:
    The one that sells more papers, obviously.

Yeah true.... It just drives me mad..... I fail to see the fascination ppl have with celebrities specially when the celebrity is someone like a blonde *cough* skanger who got lucky. Or that freak they call mrs Beckham who has less talent than my little finger.... I mean there was a picture of her today in the mirror showing how her bodyguard was pushing her shopping trolley and kids while she talked on the phone.... I mean WHO CARES!!!!... okay I'm getting grumpy now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Yeah true.... It just drives me mad..... I fail to see the fascination ppl have with celebrities specially when the celebrity is someone like a blonde *cough* skanger who got lucky. Or that freak they call mrs Beckham who has less talent than my little finger.... I mean there was a picture of her today in the mirror showing how her bodyguard was pushing her shopping trolley and kids while she talked on the phone.... I mean WHO CARES!!!!... okay I'm getting grumpy now :)

It's not about talent, it's about money. The commodity based economy works better when the bottom feeders know exactly what kind of excess they could indulge in if they just got that break, or collected an extra 10 bins on today's run, it keeps them going. Tabloid papers fulfill the role of informing the common people what they are aiming for; having a bodyguard do their menial tasks while they talk to Elton John on their diamond encrusted Motorola.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

mycroft wrote:
    Overheard in the smoking area in work

Dozy slapper in accounts;
    "I mean how could he dump her? I mean he just wrote that song about just wanting his family and not celebritity"

Me (unable to resist);
    "Hey he lied to us through song! I hate when they do that!"

A fine application of Sleepy's Law in everyday life. If I could +Rep you, I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

hes a tool...nuff sed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmmm...if only I got media coverage for every time I saw the bottom of a pint glass....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm gonna rename my band "Die, Die, Bryan McFadden".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

I hereby dedicate The Only Ones song 'Why Don't You Kill Yourself' to Mcfadden.
    You called out from the gutter
    I couldn't hear the words you muttered
    Then you discovered hell and paid the full price
    Angels sent to tempt ya
    Desire couldn't melt ya
    This ain't no missionary's speech
    Just some friendly advice

Why don't you kill yourself?
    You ain't no use to no-one else
    Why don't you kill yourself?
    You ain't no use to no-one else

Hes in HMV in Galway on Saturday, why dont we all take a trip down and drop large objects on him? Its the second time a complete tool will be in Galway this week. Ryan Twatridy was in town today, I had to resist the urge to go over and kick him in the shin repeatedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I agree. I can't understand why people give a sh_t about celebrities personal lives.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sarky wrote:
    A fine application of Sleepy's Law in everyday life. If I could +Rep you, I would.

We have to get Sleepy's Law further up the google search results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

mmm the red ones taste like stuff.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

all jokes aside....
    i'd lash kerry with my jungle pole no problum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ryan Twatridy was in town today, I had to resist the urge to go over and kick him in the shin repeatedly.

Why the shin? You should have attached razor blades to your boots and kicked him in the crotch.

I mean, sure, you'd get in trouble. But you'd be doing the human race a favour.

uuummm kerry is a milf!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

woosaysdan wrote:

but look its even got a rant on here!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I think Kerry is Lovely,

I like her for her...........em..............personalities...............both of them

;);)

yes she is ver er bubbley

• Advertisement
Advertisement