Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate Queueing

• 23-11-2004 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Its happening already!!! You cant go out to the shops at the weekend without bumping into hundreds of people out christmas shopping! and depressingly long queues! Dont they know its still November!

With that in mind i thought id ask if anyone has any good sites for gifts! Coz i dont plan on spending any more time than i have to in these queues!

Heres a couple ive used:

http://www.gifts.ie
    http://www.play.com
    http://www.cd-wow.com.hk

The cdwow ppl also have a sister site that sells perfume etc - cant remember the URL offhand.

Where do you buy presents online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

www.pixmania.com

These guys give great deals on every type of digital camera you can imagine. They are in many cases up to 100 euros cheaper than some stores I have gone into in town.

Check out their pack deals -they are a french company but deliver to Ireland for about 8 euros - well worth checking out if your looking for a digital camera for somone for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Would you believe thats exactly what im getting! :) was going to get it on Amazon coz it was cheapest i could find.. Olympus 400Mju or summit like that.. but ill check out this site first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

scribs wrote:
    www.pixmania.com

These guys give great deals on every type of digital camera you can imagine. They are in many cases up to 100 euros cheaper than some stores I have gone into in town.

Check out their pack deals -they are a french company but deliver to Ireland for about 8 euros - well worth checking out if your looking for a digital camera for somone for Christmas.
    Last year I bought a camera from them. It was €499 in Argos, €255 in Pixmania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Always in black

If I were to buy a camera for someone......IF... which one would you reccommend to some one who knows nothing about them but wants to buy one for......someone....whos not supposed to know hes getting it for Xmas.....but probably already knows anyway........!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

I love my Casio EXP-600. Got it in the US for about 499 dollars or 469 dollars or something, the street price here is/was 749 euro!
    6MP, 4xOptical zoom, fully manual -> fully auto. big big screen.
    there's a new 7 MP version out now too! 569 or something on the pixmania site...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

my brother got a really nice camera s7000 something like that (dont know anything about them) for about 100 euros cheaper than here in ireland!!! i dont think it was that site though!!! ill post the name of it later though

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

If I were to buy a camera for someone......IF... which one would you reccommend to some one who knows nothing about them but wants to buy one for......someone....whos not supposed to know hes getting it for Xmas.....but probably already knows anyway........!??

How much you willing to spend ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Cool thanks for the replies! Anyone got any sites other than cameras?

Advertisement