Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

madonna's new album

Options
  • 14-10-2000 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

i got this album yesterday - and i have to say i think it's fu<kin' brilliant really mellow in places and usually pop madonna in other places . the last song "gone" is amazing.

well thats my 2 cents on the subject!

[This message has been edited by stu_69 (edited 14-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by stu_69 (edited 14-10-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bucon

I listened to it a few times, and have to say I think it's TERRIBLE!!!

Madonna is a great singer/songwrite...but i dont know WHY they have effected her voice so much on this album, it makes it all sound sh1t frown.gif

Bucon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Having only heard the single 'Music', I can only comment on it.
    The song is a masterpiece, an absolute work of perfection...

...in engineering and production, the use of studio effects in creating infectious, mainstream pop music.

The actualy singing and/or (?) songwriting is standard Madonna stuff, and while it is good, it's still mediocre in the realms of 'professional' singing.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

tut tut tut, I hate that thing where the non-breaking string makes the formatting of the whole page go Ga-Ga.

Luc

How'd yah like them apples?

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 18-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

whoa sarcasms getting harder and harder to detect these days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 outaline

I hate to be a killjoy in the midst of all this Madonna praise, but do people actually think that Madonna is ground breaking or innovative in her music? Basing my judgement only on the single "music" I wish the honesty police would unleash their wrath on that musical Hoar (in more sense than one). "Music" is a blatant rip off of a number of house classics- Armand Van Helden's "the funk phenomena " for one. She doesn't even look all that foxy anymore? Come on guys give more credit to whom (Her Producers) and where it's actually due.

Not wanting to spoil the party.
    OAL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by outaline:
    ...unleash their wrath on that musical Hoar...

From dictionary.com:

Hoar \Hoar\, v. t. [AS. h[=a]rian to grow gray.] To become moldy or musty. [Obs.] --Shak.

So... do you mean 'whore'? If so... shame on you!
    She doesn't even look all that foxy anymore?

*cough*... Was last year but... "Beautiful stranger" video!!!... *cough*

bard.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bucon

The majority of the material Madonna has released before this current (****) album, was pretty good imo.

Ray of Light was a good album, but showed that she was on a bit of a downward curve.

Maybe Madonna's days as the 'queeen of pop' are over?...maybe its all these babies and things that have wrecked her musical talent...hehe

Bucon.

Advertisement