Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer

• 09-08-1999 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Ok at great cost I have tranferred to the new soccer board from the humour board.

Oh and Arsenal are going to Stuff Utd. this Year tongue.gif

Nice goal by Jap Scum yesterday as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I have to agree with that classic header by Stam, more of those to follow this season I hope smile.gif

However, shouldnt this board be called Football, cos Soccer is what those ghastly Yanks call the Beautiful Game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

defoo it sould be football
    soccer is GAY FAEG i tell yea!! biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm I told Cloud to call it Football. I ask him again nicely.

"Please Cloud rename this holy board to Football"

smile.gif

Gooner Gandy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Football, football,football,football, foo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Stuff United this year??? That what u were supposed to do last year?? Let me guess, to bz polishing ure (hehe) charity shield while we were out winning the.....PREMIERSHIP......ummmmm....and the FA CUP and .......oh yeah.....THE EUROPEAN CUP.....need i say more. smile.gif Our trophy cabinet is as big as all ure stadiums put together ffs smile.gif
    FurY.
    I'm actually not that big a footy fan but its great reading all ure spewl about how ure gonna win something this year and then ya dont smile.gif I'll give ya this tho, Arsenal (tho i'd rather c leeds) mite win the FA cup for obvious reasons tongue.gif.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

By your command.

yay!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Doesn't football in Ireland mean the GAY, sry, GAA???

*stir stir stir*

For the record - I h8 the GAA. Just wanted to clarify incase ppl thought this was a pro-GAA thing.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

Watch your mouth son. Some of us went to All-Irish schools and lived for GAA. OK, the GAA administration may be *****s, but nobody should slag off these great Irish games. Did anyone see the Cork match last weekend, it was fooking deadly. GAA, in terms of excitement, wipes the floor with soccer anyday. And what about the matches against the Aussies, they were brilliant. Even though their shirts were Dunnes-Stores t-shirts.

Yuk GAAAA Yuk.

I fukin hate GAA so much. Who tarnished this board with GAA crap.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

Why do you hate it so much. The games are much more exciting.

Errr let me see.

1. I used to play it and got my worst sporting injury from a thug whose tackle above the knee studs 1st was considered perfectly legal and put me on crutches for 6 months.

2. Soccer is a far more skillfull game.

3. The hypocrites in charge of GAA really **** me off. They take National Lottery Money without any problems but will not allow other sports use their stadiums (ie. Soccer).

4. They will not let RUC Members or Members of the British Security forces take part in games. How the hell do we expect to develop reconciliation if we can't even play games together.

I could list a hell of lot more reasons I HATE GAA but I'm not going waste anymore time typing.

Gandalf.

So the 'CLG', as they shall now be know as since we get into the RUC debate, should let the RUC play Gaelic games even though its totally against what they stand for. You went to a school where GAA was played, shouldnt you understand that?

One I spent half my school going life in a School that played GAA and the other in a school that played rugby.

Yes they should let the RUC play even if they are against what the GAA stand for, someone has to make the 1st move. Bloody typical attitute that "We're not changing because they havent", ****in childish.

Gandalf.

Actually been the curious ba$tard I am I'd go over and talk to him. Maybe your just antisocial tongue.gif.

Gandalf.

OK, let me draw an analogy. Some guy you knew from school years ago and he was a real *****, I dont just mean he was a bit annoying, I mean he was a total ****ing bollix and you hated his guts. You meet him in a bar 10 years later (not intoxicated), what do you do? "Oh hows it going Jimmy lets be best friends? ". Nah, I dont think so. You'd walk by as if he wasnt there. Dont say otherwise. People do grow up but not to the extent as to 'sleep with the enemy' as it were.

[This message has been edited by Helv (edited 13-08-99).]

OK, right, I'm sure.

btw did you see kilkenny against clare at the weekend? It just shows how much more excitement there is in that kind of game. Admitidly, there can besome great games of football, like united against barca in the champions league, but generally they can be boring.

Errr No I told you I don't watch ****e GAA Matches tongue.gif

Gandalf.

Advertisement