Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goverment Credit Card Tax Question?

Options
  • 23-11-2004 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭

I am wondering is it legal for the banks to charge interest on the €40 gverment levy.

my brother got charged the tax and the i let the bill, fall due for another month , and i noticed that the bank have charged my interest on it.

Surely they should not be doing this.I mean its the goverment money so why they charging interest and secondly who get the interest thats paid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The way I see it, the government billed €40 tax to the credit card, the bank have paid the €40 for you from the credit card for you, and are awaiting payment for it. If the bill wasn't cleared, I think they can put interest on the outstanding balance, irrespective of what caused the balance.

Advertisement