Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perk - motherfúckers!

Options
  • 23-11-2004 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

If you don't already know Perk were recently acquired by insomnia. Fair enough so. Today I noticed that Perk (in Comway at least) has increased the price of a 500ml bottle of minerals (pepsi etc) to €1.75!!! Previously they were €1.60 - and even at that level they were by a distance the most expensive place I knew of.
    For an environment occupied mostly by students, with relatively low income, this is tantamount to daylight robbbery.

Furthermore they control the vending machines in the Conway and therefore those prices are the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Bunch of money hungry bastards. Remember to vote with your pockets, wrtite/email to the manager/owner. Bring your own water. Or better yet ask for tap water. I'm sure for hygine reasons they have to have a tap, so just ask them for tap water. It'd be ridiculus to charge for that.

It's crap that they own the vending machines as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

yeah perk is the greatest rip ever. they also put 500ml water up from 1.20 to 1.60. however they do have free iced water in a jug for customers in quinn which can easily be abused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

everywhere on campus is a ****ing rip off
    much more expensive to get your lunch in college, i never buy anything in the shops on campus anymore, unless im desperate. its just too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

Seraphina wrote:
    everywhere on campus is a ****ing rip off
    much more expensive to get your lunch in college, i never buy anything in the shops on campus anymore, unless im desperate. its just too much.

Not only is it a rip off but when you do 'splash out' its usually for something that tastes like complete dirt. Do people actually eat dinner in UCD? My god, the odd time i've subjected myself to the main restaraunt's 'food' i've felt like curling up into a little ball on the side of the street and vomiting my internal organs up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

My god, the odd time i've subjected myself to the main restaraunt's 'food' i've felt like curling up into a little ball on the side of the street and vomiting my internal organs up. :(
    get over it, its mass produced crap food, what were you expecting? now eat your grey paste and shut the **** up!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

ferdi wrote:
    now eat your grey paste and shut the **** up!!!! :mad:

Loved you in Oliver Twist by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I still like the Perk soup. and its not too expensive for what you get - I'd never eat their sandwicjes though. They're both over priced, and disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

I must say that college food is overpriced crap. I can't believe that one has to pay for tiny butter pats, little jam containers and stuff which are free of charge at most places where im from. The Coffee Dock in earlsfort terrace is quite possibly the most rapacious place ive ever eaten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

i like the science restaurant - it's not too expensive and the food's quite nice. i wish they'd have a sign saying what the soup is each day though... i'm tired of having to guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

im_not_ok wrote:
    i'm tired of having to guess!
    I really hate when you're still guessing even after you've finished :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

uberwolf wrote:
    I really hate when you're still guessing even after you've finished :p
    Haven't been to the Science Canteen in a long time. Not since my undergrad days. They used to serve hot food that could only be described as "Meat Surprise", a kind of ambiguous, wet gloopy, grey/brown dish served with rice.

And here's me complaining about Perk! :rolleyes:

I overheard the manager getting a little slack from some customers earlier about the price increases. He said something about struggling to survive and having to pay rent etc. My heart is bleeding for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

1.20 for a chicken pie good for what ales you the day after the night before
    in the science canteen. in fact of all the eateries in ucd it probably ranks as 1 of the best however that would not be hard given its competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The only thing I ever get in Perk is the soup (damn good!) The Grind is kinda cool too, as many fillings on your sandwich as you want. You could actually ask for everything they have there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 toastyred

But you can't get chicken pie anymore!!..Jambon, only way to go. But it used to be 1.15 and now it's 1.50, in 2 years!! madness

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

m4cker wrote:
    in fact of all the eateries in ucd the science canteen probably ranks as 1 of the best however that would not be hard given its competition.

The science canteen number 1? It definitely is the best place to hang out, and the atmosphere is great but it still doesn't serve hot food, so it's not that fantastic food-wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Lisapeep wrote:
    The science canteen number 1? It definitely is the best place to hang out, and the atmosphere is great

Yeh, ya get to hang out with all the cool nerds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 toastyred

Linoge wrote:
    Yeh, ya get to hang out with all the cool nerds.
    ehm clearly don't do science. We're not all those long coat wearing people...I love the science canteen, you'll always find a mate there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Yeah, the cool nerds never come into the canteen - they hang around just outside!

Advertisement