Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my new 6670

Options
  • 23-11-2004 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭

Just got my 6670 via dhl yesterday. £290 from www.mobilerepair.de

In effect its a more soberly styled 7610 with a normal keypad. I got the dark navy version and i must say it looks way better in the flesh than on the nokia site, so much so that ill keep the navy cover and not order the silver one as i had originally planned.

Basically this phone is a replacement for a faulty sek700i i bought on the same site but i had a 6600 not too many moons ago.

The os feels faster and smoother than my 6600 did, i have the lovely crystallised them on now (cheers tesla) and have installed frozen bobble and ffe explorer!

As per the 7610 screen and camera are very good for a mobile, phone is surprisingly compact (noticeably more so than the 6600) and the os is great.

Again mp3 limited to mono and for some reason the 6670 does not have a radio which is annoying!

Basically im delighted 8.5/10 for me, much better than that buggy se pos i had!

Piccies to come tmrw.

Just a few qns, what other games/apps do people recommend and what bitrate do peeps reencode there mp3s to so they are a reasonable size given that sound is only mono anyway!

Finally any good mp3 ringtones and or wallpapers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

You can get some cool ringtones and wallpapers for the 6670 here

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

some piccies

cyrusir-DSC00510.JPG

cyrusir-DSC00513.JPG

cyrusir-DSC00518.JPG

cyrusir-DSC00520.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I'm new to this forum but am considering getting a 7610 or 6670. Why did you choose this over the 7610? I currently have a sharp GX-15 but like the idea of being able to add loads of different programs as I need them
    I am thiking about buying from ebay, sim free as botha re selling for around £200 stg.Was it 290 stg or euro you paid.
    Some good sites I have found while researching are;
    www.my-symbian.com
    www.allaboutsymbian.com
    www.howardforums.com

In terms of software you could always look at www.handandgo.com

1 other question;
    i have read that there is a delay activating menus and programs. Is this noticable compared to your old K700i?

i got this over the 7610 as i prefer the styling, i paid £290 stg ive looked on ebay and you wont get one new for less than that

there is a slight delay but the k700 wasnt the quickest phone either

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

If the phone is sim free will it work on any network in any country...will a sim free phone bought in the UK work in Ireland?

• Advertisement

yes

Advertisement