Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Swap

Options
  • 23-11-2004 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

Any one got any books they fancy loaning out. Ive got the following to lend:

1. Positively Fifth Street-James McManus
    2. Amarillo Slim in a World Full of Fat People: The Memoirs of the Greatest Gambler Who Ever Lived-Amarillo Slim Preston, Greg Dinkin

Looking for Player Biog's and the like rather than "How to's" - got my own :rolleyes:

Anyone got:

1. Bad Beats and Lucky Draws: Poker Strategies, Winning Hands, and Stories from the Professional Poker Tour
    Phil Hellmuth

2. Big Deal: One Year as a Professional Poker Player
    Anthony Holden

3. The Biggest Game in Town
    Al Alvarez

....or the like.

Can meet in the Fitz usually Thur to Sunday. Be there Weds this week as well though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

I can lend ya the Al Alvarez book and I'll borrow the Amarillo Slim one :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I believe I have Sklansky's Theory of No Limit Holdem somewhere. At least I think its mine (I recall giving Quozl back his...)

Positively Fifth Street is supposed to be good if you will loan it out to me!

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have Big Deal. Would be interested in Amarillo Slim's book but I'm happy to loan it out without a swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

musician wrote:
    I have Big Deal. Would be interested in Amarillo Slim's book but I'm happy to loan it out without a swap.
    Eh, technically I have it at this current moment, will return it next time I see you though! sorry :) tis a great book though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Right....

DeV. I'll bring Positively Fifth Street down for you tonight as I know you're not there tomorrow.

Spiritus. I've just realised my brother has Slim's book but I'm getting it back on Saturday and I will bring it with me on Saturday night.

Musician. I would like to borrow Big Deal from you when you get it back!! You can have Slim when Spiritus is finished with it.

How's that?

Anyone know if there was a book published about Phil Hellmuth called "Poker Brat"? I heard of it on some DVD but can't find it on the net. The man's a loon and I'd love to read his story.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

BigDragon wrote:
    Anyone know if there was a book published about Phil Hellmuth called "Poker Brat"? I heard of it on some DVD but can't find it on the net. The man's a loon and I'd love to read his story.

Cheers

As far as I know it was being cowritten by Andy Glazer who commited suicide earlier this year, I dont think it was published.

As far as I know it was being cowritten by Andy Glazer who commited suicide earlier this year, I dont think it was published.

Sh1t, didn't know Andy Glazer killed himself. Heard the name alot and is mentioned in McManus's book alot. In, fact that's where I heard of the book.

Hector. do you know if there any sites out there with writings from Glazer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

BigDragon wrote:
    Sh1t, didn't know Andy Glazer killed himself. Heard the name alot and is mentioned in McManus's book alot. In, fact that's where I heard of the book.

Hector. do you know if there any sites out there with writings from Glazer?

Theres a few, he wrote reports on all of the big tournaments. Heres a couple anyway:

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archives/andyglazer.htm

One of the last tournaments he covered was the large Pot limit tournament the merrion held, his last article said it was a farce.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Has it been confirmed he committed suicide?? I thought it was a brain heamorage (or however you spell it.)

musician wrote:
    Has it been confirmed he committed suicide?? I thought it was a brain heamorage (or however you spell it.)

http://www.playwinningpoker.com/articles/04/19.html

Seems like it was. Very sad. :(

• Advertisement

Spiritus wrote:
    I can lend ya the Al Alvarez book and I'll borrow the Amarillo Slim one :)

Spiritus: Got Slim book back so can give it to you at the Fitz. Can I borrow the Al Alverez book.

When are you in this week?

Advertisement