Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay

Options
  • 13-10-2000 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

What does everyone think of this band? I heard a song last night on the radio called 'Trouble' and thought it was excellent.

I hear they've played here recently (Olympia, was it?), Did any of our nice boards regulars go? What was it like?

Anyone got the album? Is it worth getting?

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I bought the album and I would recommend it to all! I thought Coldplay diserved to do much better this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

i bought the album because i heard shiver and yellow and thought these were good songs but i think the album is very boring and the songs a very similar.

just my opinion

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

They thought they could have a winning combination by being the illegitimate offspring of Radiohead and Travis with Jeff Buckley on vocals(see "Shiver" for details).

Don't be fooled, to quote Pink Floyd "it's just a passing phase". Music marketed to lure 15 year old girls away from buying credit for their prepaid mobiles.

Regards,
    Robbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭zeemoud

"coldplay" are really boring all the songs are reincarnations of another bad track BUT the good news is they can only get alot better or a little worse. frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

now i aint heard shiver or whatever.. but that lad aint no Jeff Buckley.
    not a chance.
    never.
    nope.
    no.
    n.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Hiya.
    Get their album, i got it a while ago and its class, esp the second last tune, excellent.

I would recommend it to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Originally posted by Robbo:
    They thought they could have a winning combination by being the illegitimate offspring of Radiohead and Travis with Jeff Buckley on vocals(see "Shiver" for details).

?????????
    What kind of tone deaf crack head are you.

Coldplay = mediocre pop band
    Jeff Buckley = Greatly missed musical genius!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Squire

Coldplay are an excellent band. Don't listen to all those silly comparisons being made. People always make comparisons with bands that are new.
    I was at the olympia gig and they were just stunning. The album parachutes is well worth your money. They have some older stuff too that's very good.
    Check their website www.coldplay.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

i am bored by coldplay.
    get some godspeed you black emporor into you instead.

Advertisement